Should we be arming the Libyan rebels..

It looks as though we may soon be arming the Libyan rebels, is this the right thing to do, or should we not be going any deeper into this worrying conflict.?

Considering that we don't know who they are, what they believe in, what their plans for the future of Libya are etc etc etc, then NO. The "my enemy's enemy is my friend" approach to foreign policy hasn't served us well.

Nobody knows exactly who these people are. Democratic freedom fighters or tribal opponents of Gaddafi who'd happily slaughter his supporters and civilians given the chance.

We shouldn't be picking sides in a civil war. And we shouldn't be supporting some group just because they are our enemy's enemy. We did that in Afghanistan by supporting the nutjobs Mujahadeen...and that really came back to bite us in the ass!

We should be just leaving them to it. Spend our money on something useful like fixing the roads or new wheelie bins.

We should be just leaving them to it. Spend our money on something useful like fixing the roads or new wheelie bins.

I didn't mind some intervention to prevent civilian slaughter, but now we actively supporting one side in a civil war.

Let the Arab League deal with it, they have the arms and the firepower...after all we sold most of it to them.

we armed saddam, we armed gaddafi, we armed the taliban, we armed bin laden then we fall out with em

politricks....such a fickle game

I didn't mind some intervention to prevent civilian slaughter, but now we actively supporting one side in a civil war.

Let the Arab League deal with it, they have the arms and the firepower...after all we sold most of it to them.

If we are honest, i dont think anybody ever believed it was to prevent civilian slaughter. Cameron and others have openly stated they want a regime change, and certain members have their own interpretation of the coalition agreement, and whether we are legally able to supply arms...

BP would say yes. Arm them to the teeth so that they can get their paws on all that oil, Gaddafi signed to them before all this kicked off.

If we are honest, i dont think anybody ever believed it was to prevent civilian slaughter. Cameron and others have openly stated they want a regime change, and certain members have their own interpretation of the coalition agreement, and whether we are legally able to supply arms...

Obama has denied several times that the operation is about regime change

Obama has denied several times that the operation is about regime change

He can deny until he's blue in the face, they'll not stop until Gaddafi is gone.

Absolutely not. How long before they're being fired at British personnel.