Place to sell old comics ?

I wouldn't get rid of them until you've fully assessed their value. Stuff like that can be worth far more than you think, depending on age, condition, rarity, etc. Go in that shop and see what prices they're charging for similar stuff but bear in mind it may be worth a lot more on the internet. Try the library for valuers guides or just keep googling until something points you in the right direction. A dealer will give you far less than the real value so sell them yourself but only when you know how much they're worth and how best to market them to.

I have recently sold 1960's 70's and 80's magazines on eBay. Reason I did that was that's just what the dealers will do anyway and offer you very little for them, if you can do it this way then it's the way to go.

There is a dealer just behind Bramhall Lane football ground and he has a website he sells from too.

To be honest, from the 80s onwards you wont be looking at much, unless you are lucky enough to find a collector who needs those issues to fill their collection with. Generally you will get cover value or less for most comics from that period onwards, except in the case of special issues (1000, 2000, etc) which may fetch more if in good condition.

I've been collecting comics myself now for 30 years, and only a few of my titles are actually worth anything more than what I paid for them.

At the end of the day, a comic book is only worth what someone else would pay for them. I recently paid someone more than a comic's worth for an issue I needed...but if I bothered to shop around I could have got it half the cost. I simply didn't want to shop around.

The 1960s annuals might be a better option, however. An online pricing guide (in dollars I'm afraid) lists as follows...

#1960 from $8.40 to $140.00

#1961 from $8.40 to $140.00

#1962 from $6.00 to $100.00

#1963 from $6.00 to $100.00

#1964 from $6.00 to $100.00

#1965 from $6.00 to $100.00

#1966 from $6.00 to $100.00

#1967 from $4.80 to $80.00

#1968 from $4.80 to $80.00

#1969 from $3.60 to $60.00

(source: http://www.comicspriceguide.com )

Good luck :)

got some vintage beano comics does anyone know if their worth anything and where to sell them - i've looked on ebay btw and can only find em from the 1980's and a few 1960's annuals !

Try the shop on the corner of Shoreham St & Charlotte Rd its called Tilleys, he sells and buys from all over the world.

tilleysmagazines.co.uk