Gordon Brown admits he didn't know what he was doing

It was published in the Daily Torygraph, what do people expect?

I'm only considering the quote from the disclaimer in G Browns book.

I am neither a finance expert nor a trained economist but fear of making technical mistakes (of which, I am sure, this book is full) should not silence us altogether when the task before us is so urgent.

Even I know he was the treasurer, (who sold the gold (at a stupid low low price)) and PM.

It doesn't matter where is was supposed to have been quoted, it was still published in the Daily Torygraph.

It doesn't matter where is was supposed to have been quoted, it was still published in the Daily Torygraph.

They quoted his book!

Doesn't it hurt when you stick your head that far up your backside?

"I am neither a finance expert nor a trained economist"

Neither is George Osborne and nor have been many Chancellors of the Exchequer.

Ruddy hell, it might just be freezing over. It took three years but finally Gordon agrees with me.

We have all become used to... nay we expect luxuries that were never possible in the past, most of it fuelled by easy money and poor financial regulation by G Brown, who I make solely responsible for the situation - just deserts perhaps.

Can we get a refund Gordon?

"I am neither a finance expert nor a trained economist"

In this regard he is no different from almost all of the others who have held the office of Chancellor. Off hand, the only ex-Chancellor who I can think of who was an expert in Finance was Nigel Lawson.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Ruddy hell, it might just be freezing over. It took three years but finally Gordon agrees with me.

Can we get a refund Gordon?

I remember that thread, LOL!

It seems some still don't realise!

Do you think he'll write a book called "I was the Worst Prime Minister Britain Ever Had"? OR.. Do you think he'll call it "I was the Worst Chancellor Britain Ever Had"?

they are saving them titles for cameron and osbourne

Firstly it was obvious and secondly what the hell type of government puts someone who is a dunce with figures in charge of the countries economey and later destiny.

Out of the 65+ million people in this country we can't find one good at maths and vote him in?.....pathetic and scary.

Firstly it was obvious and secondly what the hell type of government puts someone who is a dunce with figures in charge of the countries economy and later destiny.

Any and every govt. ruled by ideology rather than common sense economics.

The current lot are no better than the last, - selecting reverse while trundling downhill is pretty certain to wreck the gearbox :rolleyes:

I think getting a government job should be like getting a regular professional job, in that you must possess the relevant experience and skills needed for a particular cabinet/shadow cabinet job....why make Alan Johnson the shadow chancellor when he said himself he's no good with sums? :loopy:

Its a farce.