Gordon Brown admits he didn't know what he was doing

"I am neither a finance expert nor a trained economist"

You don't say!

There is an extraordinary disclaimer in the opening pages of Gordon Brown’s Beyond The Crash which might go some way towards explaining our economic plight. He writes: “I am neither a finance expert nor a trained economist but fear of making technical mistakes (of which, I am sure, this book is full) should not silence us altogether when the task before us is so urgent.” Hang on. Isn’t this the chap who ran the UK economy for a decade? Who treated the Treasury’s expert officials with open contempt and relied instead on a handful of cronies? Who proclaimed the end of boom and bust, before presiding over the biggest bust since the 1930s? And all the while he was an amateur. I’ll be jiggered. It’s rather nice to have this admission of his fallibility – it would have been even nicer to have had it before the roof fell in on the British economy.

LINK

All together now....

Crash - a-ah - saviour of the universe

Crash - a-ah - he'll save everyone of us

Crash - a-ah - he's a miracle

Crash - a-ah - king of the impossible

Inherited a terrible legacy that he had a major hand in creating!

So? at least he tried to fix things before he stepped down and lost the election.

What :loopy:

He was the treasurer before he forced his way into power! He created the mess in the first place! Other than being the treasurer, he was Tony's right hand man!

Were you here when all this was happening? :huh:

Edited by spooky3
To fix the nested quote...

What like him selling off all the countries gold?

Just think how much better it'd be now if he had done that or many other daft things.

Do you think he'll write a book called "I was the Worst Prime Minister Britain Ever Had"? OR.. Do you think he'll call it "I was the Worst Chancellor Britain Ever Had"?

What :loopy:

He was the treasurer before he forced his way into power! He created the mess in the first place! Other than being the treasurer, he was Tony's right hand man!

Were you here when all this was happening? :huh:

Well said , ive got a feeling That most of us kinda knew he dint know what he was doing !!;)