"She turned around and went".

Why can't the younger generation speak properly. ?

I'm sick of hearing all these extra words in a reply, what's going on. ?

Something requiring as simple a response as "he/she replied" becomes "he/she turned around and went" and usually punctuated by "and lot".

In my head i see people replying whilst doing a 360 degree spin on their heels then walking away.

It's so bloody irritating. :rant:

These are obviously the same sort of young people I saw today when I inadvertantly found myself on t'Cross!

I realise they're all 'gangstas' as evident of the wearing of trousers that have fallen down to knee level displaying their underpants and hey ... 'Spect to them man, 's cool'!

The blokes are pretty much the same but have stolen some top motors ...Astras, Golfs, Fiestas ...you name it!

Oh ... to be young again! :D

It's not just young people. Older people do it too, particularly with the phrase 'I sez' not just used at the start of a quote, but throughout it too.

'I sez look, I sez I asked for 2 pints I sez and not three I sez I'm not paying for three I sez'.

Also, people who say 'I am wanting' instead of 'I want'. It makes you sound like a character from a racist sitcom from the 70's.

As a general rule, I 've always found that the more empty-headed and feather-brained a person is, the more likely they are to use whatever modern slang is in vogue [ over and over and over again ! ], plus, of course as many cliches as they can dig up.

This is, I think, because they haven 't got the intellectual stamina to speak independently and as individuals. It 's much simpler to just ' follow the crowd '.

Can you imagine Einstein saying, " Like, man, these itsy-bitsy atoms, man, they sorta turn round and split, like. Awesome innit. " or Wittgenstein explaining his philosophy in rap ? { " the meanin' o' meanin' is not wha' it's seemin'. I get my kicks from dat mega metaphysics...." }........etc.....?