"She turned around and went".

If I had a pound etc . .

You could spend it in Poundland:hihi:.

If these's posts are still on in the morning, I'm Lady Ga Ga :hihi::D

Hi G.G. :hihi:

I realise they're all 'gangstas' as evident of the wearing of trousers that have fallen down to knee levelD

Makes 'em look like they've <REMOVED> themselves:hihi:.

Edited by esme
masked swearing

One that seems very prevalent amongst sheffielders (i didn't hear it at all until I moved here, and not just the young ones once i was here) is "learn" instead of "teach".

My gf's mother used it the other day, I'm teaching her how to use a PC, and once i have finished she is apparently going to "learn [her husband] how to do it"

edit:fixed "ironic" spelling mistake :D

Get a new girlfriend quick, mate. She's obviously from the lower, uneducated classes and therefore totally beneath you.

Actually both her and her mother are intelligent - it seems to be a regional thing.
I've heard people say it all over the country, south and north. They're usually the same people that 'borrow' you something, when you want to 'lend' it. :hihi:

One that seems very prevalent amongst sheffielders (i didn't hear it at all until I moved here, and not just the young ones once i was here) is "learn" instead of "teach".

My gf's mother used it the other day, I'm teaching her how to use a PC, and once i have finished she is apparently going to "learn [her husband] how to do it"

edit:fixed "ironic" spelling mistake :D

My mum also says learn instead of teach, sometimes i find myself saying it too, it must be catching :hihi:

You only have to watch prime time tv for other instances

CSI New York Mac Taylor- "Go to ...... and bring Danny with you" - if you're going somewhere surely you take someone with you!!

Aaaaahhhh - one of my bugbears, the way the Americans use "bring" instead of "take".

Another one is their use of the word "protest" - instead of the correct phrase, "protest against" - I actually caught the BBC news using in incorrectly the other day.

And I can't stand "meet with" - you just "meet" somebody, you do not need the "with".

I'd better stop now - I can feel my blood pressure rising! :hihi:

Hell's bells - I think I've just heard a BBC commentator saying "We need to do the math" - it's not "math", it's "maths", you ignorant cow!!!!