• Burngreave
    • Parson Cross
    • Wincobank
    • Manor Park
    • Darnall
    • Woodthorpe
    • City Centre

Chris have you been to Pitsmoor lately.

Its like a ghost town no more than a dozen people in the whole area.

Its due for demolishion.

I suspect that this is the nub of the arguments on this thread. There is no snobbery involved. It is just that in some areas of the city all the pubs have closed, not because there weren't people who wanted a drink, but because they were vandalised or overwhelmed with drug dealers.

I remember as a student going round the Manor and Park Hill visiting loads of pubs. A recent visit led me to think they have all disappeared. Remove the pubs and local shops and you destroy the nature of a place.

I went to Pitsmoor recently to visit someone in a nursing home. I drove round for half an hour trying to buy a strawberry yoghurt before I gave up.

Hot on the heels of 'What is Sheffields BEST area?' comes the sequel, 'What is Sheffields WORST area?'. Vote now! 8)

It isn't a difficult question to answer. Just look in an estate agents window and you can work out a league table. Market forces increase house prices in the desirable areas and lower them in the places where people do not want to live.

It is possible to buy a 3 bed semi in some places for £10,000, whilst in other areas it would be £250,000. Market forces, aspirations etc..

People might try to deny it but it is perfectly true. The same applies to cars. You can buy a motor for £50, so why would anyone pay £150,000 for an Aston?

It isn't a difficult question to answer. Just look in an estate agents window and you can work out a league table. Market forces increase house prices in the desirable areas and lower them in the places where people do not want to live.

It is possible to buy a 3 bed semi in some places for £10,000, whilst in other areas it would be £250,000. Market forces, aspirations etc..

People might try to deny it but it is perfectly true. The same applies to cars. You can buy a motor for £50, so why would anyone pay £150,000 for an Aston?

Are you sure you mean £10k? If so, where are they!

I think it all depends on what type of person you are, as the saying goes "each to their own". I live in Shiregreen and it's hell for me as i like peace and quiet, which it def isn't here. Yet the youngsters on here obviously like it as they are mostly of like mind. The next place i live will be in the middle of nowhere with no nieghbours.

page hall must be the worst, as for ecclesall, fulwood, dore n totley, there are too many people up there that are up their own you know whats, i've worked round those areas for years - and they'll argue to the death over ten bob, oh and none of em have even slightly sheffield accents - no way people give me the cross, or manor top any old day of the week !

Archived