Brentford v Wednesday (Matchthread)

CorkerSWFC

Just seen the highlights on Sky Sports News, from that all of the attacking was from Brentford and nothing at all from the owls, is that a fair reflection? Good defending from Beevers to clear one off the line, and from the highlights it looks like they could've run out 3 or 4-0 winners comfortably?

Coke needs to be a bit more careful with what appeared to be a stamping incident - on another day he'll get sent off for doing that!

If nothing else, it should wipe out any complacency from the players and possibly the fans, after seeing an easy progression to top of the table so far. Either that, or they're not too good when they're top dog and there to be shot at - upcoming games should show if it's just a blip.

Good job it looks a pretty poor quality division this season, these odd results won't matter in the long run. As far down as 12th are still within 3 points though, so makes it a more interesting division than if you ran away with it!

yep just about right there mate, if all the shots had gone in they still would have won, our shots seemed to be at the the keeper.

Oh dear :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Got me some points in the Prediction League saying Brentford would win their Cup Final 1-0 :D

I thought that you had finally settled for the comfort of the woodwork CB. Fact, teams don't achieve the dizzy heights of third division football by playing good stuff, this must be a crap division if we are still top after a display like that.

Lets hope so eh ?

Proper bottle job today, totally outplayed by a team who hadn't won til today and you had a chance to go 4 points clear.

Next 3 matches are quite big for your massive club, I reckon after those you will be able to guage better where you will finish.

Just having a right laugh here though thinking owls vs CARLISLE is a massive match for you :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Shut up and sort your own garbage outfit out first... I actually thought Wednesday were United wearing the wrong shirts watching em play like that on Sunday.

After the way we played against County n Hartlepool it was a shocker! anyway - still top of the league, still going up and still singing! UTO!

After losing at home to Rochdale last week, we all knew Brentford would be keen to put that right against us, and play out of their skins.

Wednesday’s 5-0 win at Hartlepool was flattering.

The 3-0 lead after 15 minutes was well deserved, but was achieved by hitting them clinically on the break. After that Hartlepool had chances to get back in the game, and would have done so but for Weaver. Had they pulled one back, it would have been a different story. The penalty to make it 4-0 was soft, and would not have been given by many refs.

That papered over the cracks, that Wednesday’s midfield does not have the creativity to break down a solid well organised defence, as demonstrated again yesterday.

There are 41 more games this season. A long way to go, in a league where every team has the capability to beat another on the day.

Edited by geocol

After losing at home to Rochdale last week, we all knew Brentford would be keen to put that right against us, and play out of their skins.

Wednesday’s 5-0 win at Hartlepool was flattering.

The 3-0 lead after 15 minutes was well deserved, but was achieved by hitting them clinically on the break. After that Hartlepool had chances to get back in the game, and would have done so but for Weaver. Had they pulled one back, it would have been a different story. The penalty to make it 4-0 was soft, and would not have been given by many refs.

That papered over the cracks, that Wednesday’s midfield does not have the creativity to break down a solid well organised defence, as demonstrated again yesterday.

There are 41 more games this season. A long way to go, in a league where every team has the capability to beat another on the day.

sedgwick is just not an effective winger at all. cant take on defenders and gives ball away to easily. the sooner JJ is back the better.

Shut up and sort your own garbage outfit out first... I actually thought Wednesday were United wearing the wrong shirts watching em play like that on Sunday.

After the way we played against County n Hartlepool it was a shocker! anyway - still top of the league, still going up and still singing! UTO!

You watched em on telly on Sunday, theres no way you went.

And why is it a shocker ???? You are playing the likes of Hartlepool (not Liverpool) and Notts County (Not Forest) you are pish and in Division 3 and the mighty owls (SNIGGER) should be beating those teams comfortably...

We sorted out what we needed to when they got rid of Blackwell...ONWARDS and UPWARDS for the Blades and lets hope you dont get on telly again because everytime you do you embarrass yourselves :hihi::hihi::hihi:

yep just about right there mate, if all the shots had gone in they still would have won, our shots seemed to be at the the keeper.

Sent you a PM regarding comments on the three S thread that was closed.

AD----im talking about dissapearing for 3 to 5 days at a time, I.E you'll probaly not be on here again after today untll the 12th or 13th gloat and dissapear as i said, I was here all through and during the aftermath of relegation when all your fairweather blades came out to gloat, not one of them are still around now.

Obviously thinking of the wrong bloke...I was first on here after we went down, first after you did the double over us and first when we lost the play-off final, and thats a FACT...Corky, David Madowl and a few others will attest to that maybe even mi owd mate Lestat :D

CB

You watched em on telly on Sunday, theres no way you went.

And why is it a shocker ???? You are playing the likes of Hartlepool (not Liverpool) and Notts County (Not Forest) you are pish and in Division 3 and the mighty owls (SNIGGER) should be beating those teams comfortably...

We sorted out what we needed to when they got rid of Blackwell...ONWARDS and UPWARDS for the Blades and lets hope you dont get on telly again because everytime you do you embarrass yourselves :hihi::hihi::hihi:

right pair us sheffield clubs, the blades bore the television audience to death and we make ourselves looks silly :hihi::hihi::hihi: