Sainsburys buying Fletchers land to build new store - Wadsley Bridge

I'm already wondering how traffic will be affected by the planned Argos, etc. on Halifax Road. Unless there are EXCELLENT traffic plans in place, it's gonna be hell on a match day....

There is already 900 billion traffic lights around there im sure the traffic will flow just fine ;)

its good. A bit of competition will help keep prices down. Plus we dont have an upmarket supermarket at this end of town so it will be a good addition.

Lets not forget the job opportunities too.

Your right:D

I wonder if it will have a petrol station as well to knock down the price of the BP one on Leppings Lane :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sainsbury’s and Fletchers Planning Applications – Information Event in Hillsborough, Wednesday, 9 March

There will be an information event displaying Sainsbury’s and Fletchers Group of Bakeries’ respective plans for a new Sainsbury’s store on land adjacent to the bakery and the modernisation of Fletchers bakery facility.

Fletchers has now submitted a planning application for improvements to the bakery. The changes planned would involve relocating, within the site, over one-third of the factory and provide a significant upgrade to existing facilities. New bakery equipment would be installed to replace old and outdated equipment.

Fletchers’ plans will help to safeguard the jobs of 400 people who currently work at the bakery. Over a quarter of Fletchers’ staff live within the S6 postcode, so the bakery at Claywheels Lane is a vital part of the local economy.

Sainsbury’s application was submitted to the Council last year, and this event will offer another opportunity to view the proposals and to find out how Sainsbury’s has responded to community feedback from the pre-application consultation period.

The event is being held on Wednesday, 9 March 20011 from 11am – 7.30pm at Hillsborough Arena, Middlewood Road, Hillsborough, Sheffield S6 4HA.

Representatives from Sainsbury’s and Fletchers will be available to answer your questions.

Please come along and tell us what you think. In the meantime, do feel free to contact the freephone Consultation Hotline on 0800 319 6162, or email jack.loy@localdialogue.com, if you have any questions.

Sainsbury's will be a very different supermarket to all the others, its about time we had one over this end of the city.

Yeah I think it's a good idea. I'm constantly seeing these good offers on telly for Sainsbury's but they are all up the other side of Sheff