The new blue boxes for paper

I thought they was on strike today has this is our 2nd collection since it started. normally been out before 10am but just had them collect our waste now. But they been using two wagons today instead of the one that they used the first time. Was very slow for them this way then when they used the one wagon.

• 2 weeks later...

we had a swing and a play house delivered and the boxes they came in were huge so instead of ripping them to shreds, which would have taken a while, my husbang just put them by the side of the road this morning, surprise surprise they bin men haven't taken them! They will pick up a blue box full of papers but won't pick up a couple of empty light weight boxes and put them on the back of the lorry? Cheers for your help guys!

• 4 weeks later...
I see the men now on my road in S5 delivering the box's, i got to say i did not think these was that tiny. I wil fill that by end of the week never mind two weeks. Just a good job i have a paper bank near by that i pass once a week so i can put other paper bits in or i will be snowed under in paper. I had problems with the monthly blue bin collection has i shred my letter so i have quite a bit so it filled it by the second week. i think i would have like the box for the glass and plastic and tins and leave the bins for paper waste.

I would prefer this also. We've not got the boxes yet, but when we do we will have to put our extra spare paper somewhere else. We already more than fill our blue bin.

One thing I find odd is that, (I think, although I've not seen the actual instructions yet), we will mix all the different glass together, ie clear, green, brown etc. Once it's mixed (and presumably broken) it cannot be unmixed. So, presumably it's OK to to recycle glass when it is all mixed together.

Collections of paper will only take place for a short time because all the binmen will be off work with bad backs. What on earth is their union doing allowing them to go back in time and do heavy lifting when they can do the job easier with new wheelie bins. Is Wayne Carr running Veolia?