Virgin media down and out since Tuesday

hi virgin has always been ****e. but how can you sort ur problems out when you cant even understand what the people on the other side of the fone talking about. it sucks this indian call centre business what happened to the good old english..... go with talk talk alot cheaper for internet n calls

I know that 20mbps should give a dl speed of 2.5 MBps but tbh can make do with 1 MBps! Strange how someone mentioned about torrents- they often go quite well even when i can't load a web page. Must be something to do with the way the traffic is handled. Either way I will never sign up with them again.

I know that 20mbps should give a dl speed of 2.5 MBps but tbh can make do with 1 MBps! Strange how someone mentioned about torrents- they often go quite well even when i can't load a web page. Must be something to do with the way the traffic is handled. Either way I will never sign up with them again.

If you are downloading then your connection will be slow and web pages will not load you are using most of your band width to download, even worse if people are downloading off you. Try it on BT it will be even worse!

Indeed, if I have a torrent running unthrottled then browsing becomes very hit and miss. Particularly if the torrent is soaking the outbound bandwidth as the request for a page from the browser seems to struggle.

Indeed, if I have a torrent running unthrottled then browsing becomes very hit and miss. Particularly if the torrent is soaking the outbound bandwidth as the request for a page from the browser seems to struggle.

So you're the reason why the upstream utilisation is too high in S6 :suspect::D

Virgin Media urgently need to upgrade the network in S6 - many users on the DOCSIS3 network are having major problems with packet loss and high pings due to over utilisation of the upstream by torrenters on the 50mb tariff, which isn't capped unlike the other tariffs.

My torrent use is very rare - just was mentioning it to point out that even when web pages are very slow, torrents often still run at decent speeds. VM do need serious upgrades in this area, just I won't be a customer of theirs long enough to benefit from them!

hi virgin has always been ****e. but how can you sort ur problems out when you cant even understand what the people on the other side of the fone talking about. it sucks this indian call centre business what happened to the good old english..... go with talk talk alot cheaper for internet n calls

talk talk????? lol

Hi Im having problems with talktalk at the moment,it keeps going on and off line ,they tried to fix it but its not working properly yet,just wasted half our listening to neil diamond cortousy of tt

s5 no problem

Torrents are illegal as i am sure you all know, and it is the heavy torrent users who are throttling the bandwidth for everyone else.

Virgin media are clamping down on this in a big way, if you illegally download torrents your speed will be capped or you will be disconnected....

Torrents are illegal as i am sure you all know, and it is the heavy torrent users who are throttling the bandwidth for everyone else.

Virgin media are clamping down on this in a big way, if you illegally download torrents your speed will be capped or you will be disconnected....

haha torrents are not illigal, now try again

If it is copyright material then yes it is illegal, we all know what bit torrents are.