Virgin media down and out since Tuesday

:huh::rant:

Been googling like mad to see if there is any more info on the ongoing outage I have been experiencing (live in S10)

Nothing nada not one scrap!!

And I'm not getting anywhere with the indian call centre either as every time I call the 'tech problem' has just been fixed and everything will resume at some magic hour which as you guessed it comes and goes with nothing changing.

I have now been without tv and broadband for an outrageous amount of time and just want to know has anybody else in Sheffield been affected and can anyone shed any light on the matter.

One very very irrate and frustrated Virgin media customer

I am now with virgin and dont have any problems - god I would be lost without my t'internet - thats very sad isnt it? infact I used to be on Tiscali and I would say Virgin is far better - but I can understand your frustration. Hope it gets sorted for you soon chick x

im on virgin media s5 area, had a few problems the other night but nothing major.

have had problems before..heres what to do

call 150. tell them the problem.

they will say problem fixed now....you say may be fixed but ive had no service at all for x amount of time and not happy that yu will still charge me for that period...they will then deduct x amount of time from your next bill....job done.

if you get no where with the call centre ask to speak to a supervisor or mananger and explain to them the situation

dont get angry or cross even tho you may have to repeat yourself 100 times, be put on hold 99 times, not understood 98 times.

last time i called i was told to swith off the modem for 30 seconds...which i did. (didnt work) so the call centre person told me to turn off all running processors..which i did. she then proceeded to tell me my sound card, graphics card, keyboard and mouse were all processors and needed turning off. oooooo k, so you want me turn off my pc? no madam i want yuo to turn off your applications.... :loopy:

no sound, no graphics, no monitor, no mouse, no keyboard and my internet would be fine. i have never laughed so much at the stupidity of one person working for a cable company in my life.... took about an hour to get to talk to someone with sense but got a refund in the end.

good luck...

ps if your on virgin, and you dont have the phone with them call them on your mobile and TELL them to call you back.

send a email to Neil Burkett @

neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk

I had a few problems at Christmas time ( especially with the Indian call centers) and I sent an email to mr Burkett ( CEO of VM ) who actually replied.

He then passed my problem on to the people in his office and my problem was sorted out straight away.

I then recieved another phone call from his office offering a sincere apology for the service that i had recieved via the call center and by way of an apology ( and as it was xmas) they sent my son a bundle of xbox games, which was great as i wasn't looking for any kind of compensation, I just wanted my service sorting out !!

My son was over the moon, and my problem was sorted 10/10 for Mr Burkett's office !

:huh::rant:

Been googling like mad to see if there is any more info on the ongoing outage I have been experiencing (live in S10)

Nothing nada not one scrap!!

And I'm not getting anywhere with the indian call centre either as every time I call the 'tech problem' has just been fixed and everything will resume at some magic hour which as you guessed it comes and goes with nothing changing.

I have now been without tv and broadband for an outrageous amount of time and just want to know has anybody else in Sheffield been affected and can anyone shed any light on the matter.

One very very irrate and frustrated Virgin media customer

Ring up customer services and tell them you want money back for the missing days and you want the problem sorted. I found this the most effective way to get the problem fixed quickly ;)