Will You Want To Use The Moor?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Want To Use The Moor?

• Yes - I'll use The Moor during the development
    • Yes - I'll use The Moor after the development
    • No - I have no need to use The Moor during development
    • No - I have no need to use The Moor after development
    • Not Applicable - I never go there anyway

It's hideous at the minute so I never go in it or anywhere round that end of town if I don't have to. If the markets were in a nice building with plenty of natural light - like the winter gardens - I'd use the markets then.

i used to go a lot with my parents when i was younger but now i try not to go if i can help it. i don't like the area, certain people that seem to hang around there are not very nice which doesn't help the area.

its run down and mucky and in my opinion it needs knocking down and re locating or knocking down and re building.

id go more if it was done up or moved but only if it stayed nice but moving it may only move the problems to another area also if it is not looked after it will become run down again quickly.

^^^^

What Katy said :D

But a market will not sell the city as a potential destination to visit or to invest. The city needs a great deal more than that.

Why not as Barnsley is attracting trade from near and far keeping their old Traditional market going,very good thinking with other towns and cities getting rid of them,Barnsley Market has never been so busy and a super olde world attraction..

Why not as Barnsley is attracting trade from near and far keeping their old Traditional market going,very good thinking with other towns and cities getting rid of them,Barnsley Market has never been so busy and a super olde world attraction..

Personally, I would trail all the way to Barnsley (or anywhere else) to visit a market, what could I get there that I can't get in Sheffield that woudl make the journey worthwhile ?

Why wont it? The building is a fantastic example of 1950s architecture and design and with some thought and care could become an asset for the city. other cities have taken advantage of their post war heritage and used it to their advantage look at manchester and city of london. The Market is much more iconic for Sheffield than a few ruin would be

If this counts as fantastic architecture then god help us. The only bit worth preserving is the glass fish market roof which was there long before the fifties. The rest should have been pulled down and rebuilt but its too late now, it's going to the Moor.

So accept it. Sorry cuttsie.

I read today that the new market down the Moor will have space for six shops and 22 stalls. That doesn't seem like a lot.

I think there will more space than that. I believe the star got it wrong.

Why wont it? The building is a fantastic example of 1950s architecture and design and with some thought and care could become an asset for the city. other cities have taken advantage of their post war heritage and used it to their advantage look at manchester and city of london. The Market is much more iconic for Sheffield than a few ruin would be

Are you Cuttsie or have you just borrowed his rose tinted specs for the day?

The poll is telling the truth about what people think where the market is concerned.

I read today that the new market down the Moor will have space for six shops and 22 stalls. That doesn't seem like a lot.

Them's bloody big stalls, then! :o

The plans I've seen say 200 stalls in all, 31 Meat & Fish, 13 Cafe and 156 general.

Personally, I would trail all the way to Barnsley (or anywhere else) to visit a market, what could I get there that I can't get in Sheffield that woudl make the journey worthwhile ?

As of yet probably nothing materialistic apart from Tradition as we have at this moment in time,when planning why are some buildings Listed or Heritage spots visited or kept such as Abbeydale industrial Hamlet just to name one,these traditions once destroyed can never be replaced....Shopping for whatever reason is an individuals choice,some like an old corner shop atmosphere,some a clinical approach serve yourself,and one location dosen't alway's suit another.....My Grandchildren only use Meadow hall and thousands like them, i know how to find my way round the market,i don't require a map or to pay for a train ride inside to take me,do we only want to have white collor workers use our town in years to come or do we want it to be part of us as Sheffielders as it always has been........only time will tell.

if there are 3 buildings in sheffield that need planes flying into them, then castle market, castle house and the whole of the blocks of flats on the hill next to the train station, high park flats i think they called

what an ugly trio of dated mess

We like buying our fruit and veg from the market and calling in the co`op,-

wilkinsons, now the bm shop, jack fultons bargain shop and that get the things we

need.

But yes the market needs to change and as with the gent toilets they are degrading

say no more on that.

why are some buildings Listed or Heritage spots visited or kept such as Abbeydale industrial Hamlet just to name one

because they are interesting, unlike the castle market building.

do we only want to have white collor workers use our town in years to come or do we want it to be part of us as Sheffielders as it always has been........only time will tell.

So you've got the same "gawd help the poor" chip that cutsie has ?