So, when IS the next meet then?

Friday's and Saturdays are deffo out for me. However, feel free to arrange a weekend meet. It's no biggie if I miss one. I'm never there that long anyways! 8)

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

Still trying to think of a good venue for a Christmas Bash...

Talking of Xmas, anyone know of any good firework displays coming up? Maybe we could have a Halloween/Bonfire night meet?

Nomme

We could always chip in and get our own fireworks for a Bonfire night bash if you liked.

I'll throw in a tenner. If a few of us did that, I'm sure we'd get a decent display. The next thing would be to choose where to have it!

'The Washington' - where Jamie and I almost met before the Meet - is spacious, with a couple or so large tables. It was also fairly quiet at 7.30 pm - no loud music, that I heard - AND a superb collection of brews. It's on Wellington / Fitzwilliam - and the clientel seemed respectable. It's also faily close to downtown.

Originally posted by nommedenet

Talking of Xmas, anyone know of any good firework displays coming up? Maybe we could have a Halloween/Bonfire night meet?

Nomme

Ooh I love Bonfire night! I went to a display last year in the field next to the arena called "After Dark". The fireworks were pretty good and there was also the typical fairground rides and things. I wanted a bit more nostalgia though and I couldn't find any treacle toffee or parkin. *Sigh*.

So maybe we could do After Dark this year? Or does anybody know of another firework display?

Originally posted by Carlwarker

'The Washington' - where Jamie and I almost met before the Meet - is spacious, with a couple or so large tables. It was also fairly quiet at 7.30 pm - no loud music, that I heard - AND a superb collection of brews. It's on Wellington / Fitzwilliam - and the clientel seemed respectable. It's also faily close to downtown.

That sounds ideal.

Where is it exactly? I can see it's location in the AZ but cannot picture what it is near

Anything that has a well kept range of ale and no loud music gets my vote everytime. Big tables and comfortable chairs with arms are a bonus, as are abscences of fruit machine, big screen, videogames.

That sounds ideal.

Where is it exactly? I can see it's location in the AZ but cannot picture what it is near

Anything that has a well kept range of ale and no loud music gets my vote everytime. Big tables and comfortable chairs with arms are a bonus, as are abscences of fruit machine, big screen, videogames.

As you go from West Street to Division Street the road splits and bears left. If you caryy straight on it's down there. Basically its on the side of Devonshire Green, near the skateboard park.

It is also VERY close to the Devonshire Cat which also has many of the attributes you describe above.

Nomme

Originally posted by Carlwarker

I went to a "Pulp" book launch there last month, not a bad pub.

Count me in, I'm always up for a social gathering! I do like the Dev Cat and the Washington. We must keep arranging these meets for sure, so that new people can come along as and when they want to. We don't want to get into the habit of starting to have select meets, which is why varying the venue is a good idea, as not everyone will want to meet in a rock bar everytime (although I'm happy with that Classic Rock :D thanks xx). We also need to consider that not all forum members are drinkers so the sunday afternoon cafe option is a great one too and not all are over 18.

Bring it on! Xmas parties, karaoke nights, coffee shops, pubs and clubs!:D

Can anyone come along? Used to listen to Sass years ago in the Sportsman. Look forward to it

Steve

Not everyone is smoker too. So a smoke free environment might be an idea!

Also anyone up for either of the following:

1. Comedy evening at the Lescar Hotel.

Bowling at Hollywood Bowl.

[/list=a]

That sounds ideal.

Another way is to go on Wellington St, from Henry's (Cambridge St) for about four blocks - it's on the left at the corner of Fitzwilliam. Or, from Charter Row, go up Fitzwilliam St - it's then on the right, on the corner of Wellington St.

Padded arm-chairs - didn't notice any.

Padded bench-seats in the alcoves - yes.

Padded cells - !!!