Dog re-homing transaction - advice please!

This is a well known scam. There are no puppies and the people placing the add are abroad. These scams always offer a low price for popular breeds of puppies (often chi's). The english in the add is often a bit suspect and doesn't flow properly and they always say they are in a different city and that the dog will be delivered by courier. Often they only get the deposit but sometimes they will ask for the full amount up front.

Its almost always the case that if it looks too good to be true, it is!!

I would also never advise buying any animal and having it delivered without seeing it and the home it comes from.

Its looks like a scam to me.The way he lists off all the standard answers without any sort of comment about the pups. Most ads will tell you about mum and how the pups are getting on or about their personalitys ect.

Id want to see mum (at least) and the pups at home. Dropping them off sounds very dodgey.

Never EVER purchase a pup without visiting the premises they're kept in, and don't purchase without seeing (at the very least) mum, and preferably dad too

offering delivery of a pup is the first thing that should set alarm bells ringing - even genuine sales offer this, but they're an indicator of puppyfarmers who don't want you to see the conditions the pups are kept in

the reason for stating they're not 'selling' but 'rehoming' is that they become exempt from the sale of goods act - so steer clear

If I were you I'd register an interest in a pup with a breed rescue. It isn't unusual for pups to fall into rescue when somebody found after 2 days they can't cope with one!

never aim to buy a pup 'off the shelf' from a breeder or anybody producing pups. You should expect to put your name down and wait for your dog - anybody breeding without an order list is breeding for profit, not the benefit of dogs and their new owners!

I had similar communications via preloved when i was looking for a boxer.

Thanks all, coco and tia are gorgeous but unfortunatley I dont think Id have the space for two...i really wish I did. I have been looking at a lot of rescue places but as yet cannot see any others. I'd really appriciate if anyone would inform me if they see any at a rescue shelter especially a puggle (there gorgeous).

Thanks all x

That does sound dodgy I have to say...

Have a look at http://www.puggles-r-us.co.uk The puggle we had had a pug face, but without the health problems generally associated with pugs.

No no - never. You should see the pups in their home with their mother anyway, but paying £100 and then awaiting delivery? I'd never do it.

Pugs are expensive for a reason - it'd be nice to think that this person only wants to recover what she's lost but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

I would ask for an address and say you'll pick the puppy up yourself and see what they say.

I saw similar scams when looking for my Yorkie pup, the prices were just too good to be true and in some cases they said free, but I expect further down the line there was a "rehoming charge" or "reservation fee".

But pedigree pup prices are just crazy arent they? Mind you now Ive got my little Yorkie Im so glad, and he is worth every penny!!

Forgive me for my views on crossing pugs with beagles, but why the heck would anybody take a perfectly healthy beagle (a breed with no known defects) and stick it with something that's going to produce an uncertain outcome?

I've always wondered why the internet is full of puggle puppy pics, but no adult ones. Do people tire of them or do the pups have to be PTS for some reason?

Pugs are incredibly headstrong little monsters, as are beagles. I've had four beagles here (besides my own) who owners were struggling with, and I certainly wouldn't recommend purchasing a beagle, a pug or a puggle if you think they're 'cute' - you'll be on a hiding to nothing and knocking on a rescue centre door before they're 18 months old!

This scam actually featured on Watchdog, so it must be happening a lot.