Dog re-homing transaction - advice please!

Totty

No no - never. You should see the pups in their home with their mother anyway, but paying £100 and then awaiting delivery? I'd never do it.

Pugs are expensive for a reason - it'd be nice to think that this person only wants to recover what she's lost but I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

I would ask for an address and say you'll pick the puppy up yourself and see what they say.

I saw similar scams when looking for my Yorkie pup, the prices were just too good to be true and in some cases they said free, but I expect further down the line there was a "rehoming charge" or "reservation fee".

But pedigree pup prices are just crazy arent they? Mind you now Ive got my little Yorkie Im so glad, and he is worth every penny!!

Forgive me for my views on crossing pugs with beagles, but why the heck would anybody take a perfectly healthy beagle (a breed with no known defects) and stick it with something that's going to produce an uncertain outcome?

I've always wondered why the internet is full of puggle puppy pics, but no adult ones. Do people tire of them or do the pups have to be PTS for some reason?

Pugs are incredibly headstrong little monsters, as are beagles. I've had four beagles here (besides my own) who owners were struggling with, and I certainly wouldn't recommend purchasing a beagle, a pug or a puggle if you think they're 'cute' - you'll be on a hiding to nothing and knocking on a rescue centre door before they're 18 months old!

I started reading the first post and then the story started sounding familiar.. A few weeks ago my son had a bee in his bonnet about getting another dog and was browsing the net. He a had similar E-mail conversation with someone claiming to have 2 chihahuas ( SP?) for sale at £200.00 each as he was leaving the country, also claiming to be from up north somewhere. As he is only 14 he was very excited that he'd found some very expensive dogs for very little money! I said it was a scam at the time and I'm now even more convinced after reading this thread.

the last place anybody should be looking for a dog is on the internet (unless they're looking for rescue centres, obviously)

even pedigree breeders with a string of champions may have websites, but that doesn't tell you how their dogs are kept, or any health problems known to be within any of their lines. Get yourself to a dog show and talk to them in person - you'll find out the lowdown on who's who and what lines to avoid!

Anybody advertising puppies already born and ready to go is more than likely in it for profit, not the health and welfare of the breed. EXPECT to be contacting ANY form of dog breeder in anticipation of being placed on a waiting list. See both parents (even if you have to travel to see the dad)