Dog re-homing transaction - advice please!

Totty

I agree it sounds strange. I have only one experiance of buying a pedigree puppy and I was very young at the time and it was years ago but it sounds million miles away from what you are being asked to do.

We saw an advert via our vets for puppies that were to be born in a couple of months and we put our name down, we were first and had 2nd pick of the litter after the breeder. When they were old enough to be taken we went down to the breeders house (a good 100 miles away, met the parents and was shown all the paperwork (even hip scores all those years ago) for both dogs and the family tree of the puppies, my mum originally was looking into breeding so this was very important for her that all lines could be traced back. We then was introduced to the puppies (all 6 of them) We had a good hour to decide which one was for us then my parents signed a contract to agree everything and we brought our puppy home. There was no pressure and the breeders just wanted the best for the dogs. My mum had already been down a few times and had a good idea which one she wanted.

I think you are better off waiting, finding a good breeder and putting your name down. In the end a dog is hopefully with you for 10 years+ so a couple of months wait really does not make much differance and you can save up and get ready. If you are after a pedigree and paying decent money for it you might as well get your moneys worth :lol: I know it is not always the case but good breeding should hopefully mean less money spent in the vets!

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth.If wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error JS Mill

It is a big massive scam and they have con people out of money and left people heartbroken.

Please report the add to site you found on.

I enquired to one once got same rubbish you did. Based in scotland and they not for sale there for re-homing. I wish still had the email because it exactly the same as the one you got. Apart from my first one wanted my address , telephone number ect. I did not give to them.

I am so glad you ask here first cause you would been £100 down and no dog.

Good luck with you hunt for pug dog x

This is a well known scam. There are no puppies and the people placing the add are abroad. These scams always offer a low price for popular breeds of puppies (often chi's). The english in the add is often a bit suspect and doesn't flow properly and they always say they are in a different city and that the dog will be delivered by courier. Often they only get the deposit but sometimes they will ask for the full amount up front.

Its almost always the case that if it looks too good to be true, it is!!

I would also never advise buying any animal and having it delivered without seeing it and the home it comes from.

Its looks like a scam to me.The way he lists off all the standard answers without any sort of comment about the pups. Most ads will tell you about mum and how the pups are getting on or about their personalitys ect.

Id want to see mum (at least) and the pups at home. Dropping them off sounds very dodgey.

Never EVER purchase a pup without visiting the premises they're kept in, and don't purchase without seeing (at the very least) mum, and preferably dad too

offering delivery of a pup is the first thing that should set alarm bells ringing - even genuine sales offer this, but they're an indicator of puppyfarmers who don't want you to see the conditions the pups are kept in

the reason for stating they're not 'selling' but 'rehoming' is that they become exempt from the sale of goods act - so steer clear

If I were you I'd register an interest in a pup with a breed rescue. It isn't unusual for pups to fall into rescue when somebody found after 2 days they can't cope with one!

never aim to buy a pup 'off the shelf' from a breeder or anybody producing pups. You should expect to put your name down and wait for your dog - anybody breeding without an order list is breeding for profit, not the benefit of dogs and their new owners!

Thanks all, coco and tia are gorgeous but unfortunatley I dont think Id have the space for two...i really wish I did. I have been looking at a lot of rescue places but as yet cannot see any others. I'd really appriciate if anyone would inform me if they see any at a rescue shelter especially a puggle (there gorgeous).

Thanks all x