Nice Café in town?

Blue Moon near the Cathedral, vegi food and nice coffees, Norfolk Row theres one called 27 or summat like that (Tudor Square end) that gets good recommendations...

It's 21a or summat - EXCEPTIONAL home made cakes.

Votes fom me for Blue Moon and Norfolk Row cakes. Pollards is a truly depresing experience. Crap tea and coffee....lord knows why they can't dish up the good stuff in the cafe, there's loads in the shop...totally beyond me. And the ambience..it's like a down at heel mortuary....in a word....desperate. Needed a course of psychotherapy after the last visit.

It's 22a! It's delicious in there. There are a fair few hidden down east parade. it's the road between Bradford and Bingley and the Cathedral, as you walk down it you'll pass the Sheffield Star. Also behind the cathedral where all the law offices are there are a few dotted about.

I think it has closed!

Nah, Andrews's hasn't closed! It's excellent!

To the OP - There are loads of nice cafes in the city - very few are tat like Starbucks thank God! Gusto Italiano is the best, but currently closed? Maybe they've gone back to Italy for hols?

Cafe 22 op St Maries RC Cathedral is nice, Blue Moon next to CofE Cathedral is also nice, all meals either vegetarian or vegan, but you don't need to be either to enjoy their food... There are a few in peace gardens, but all chains, and the same for leopold square - lots of cafes, but all chains... Go out towards devonshire green/west one and there are more still!

I'm not sure if it's still there but down by Cathedral what used to be Yorkies did great food!

Gusto Italiano is open. Went for early lunch yesterday and highly recommend!