Police giving on the spot fines for careless driving

They should stop driving carelessly then. Fining illegal behaviour on the roads is no more persecution than fining someone weeing in a shop doorway.

They should stop driving carelessly then. Fining illegal behaviour on the roads is no more persecution than fining someone weeing in a shop doorway.

Careless driving SHOULD BE PUNISHED...THAT IS AGREED!.....but to leave CONVICTIONS in the hands of the police is WRONG!.....Their role is to DETECT crime, not to be judge , jury and executioner. I really cannot understand how you fail to understand that.

Careless driving SHOULD BE PUNISHED...THAT IS AGREED!.....but to leave CONVICTIONS in the hands of the police is WRONG!.....Their role is to DETECT crime, not to be judge , jury and executioner. I really cannot understand how you fail to understand that.

Just summed up everything thats in my head, better than I would have been able to. :thumbsup:

I think a CRB disclosure is the results of a CRB check which you present to the people who asked for it.

I have never personally had one but my girlfriend does and she also works for agencies so she has to provide new ones all the time.

What job is it you do that requires a CRB check that’s not in the normal list?

Sorry, thats classified :thumbsup:

It’s not increasingly common to require a CRB check for employment unless you work with children or vulnerable adults or in some cases those wishing to work in the legal and accountancy professions. 99% of jobs will not require one.

This is untrue. This year the Vetting and Barring Scheme is being introduced, which is a partnership with the Independent Safeguarding Authority. The number of people estimated to require a CRB check for this, due to them working or volunteering with children or vulnerable adults, is estimated to be 11 million. That's about 1 in 4 of the entire adult population. 1 in 4 UK adults are going to need a CRB check just to do their job or hobby. If that's not poisonous, intrusive hysteria then I don't know what is. 1 in 4!

Not only that but you also have the Enhanced CRB check that includes unproven allegations, arrests without charges, court acquittals and hearsay. We're heading towards a dark place and no one is paying attention. :(

I wonder if we cold do a citizens version of this?

The other week I was overtaken by a car exceeding the stated limit by, I estimate, 50%. It cut in to traffic as the road narrowed from 2 lanes to 1, causing three cars to have to brake as he forced his way in.

To my (not huge) surprise, he turned in to the police station. I followed in my car, and when he stopped I asked if he was a policeman. I said he was. I told him that I thought his driving was appalling, and explained why. He told me to get a life.

I wonder if he would have let me off with the same standard of driving?

Are they rounding up motorists in camps?

Forcing them to wear yellow stars?

'Persecuted motorists' my arse, motorists are the most cossetted and subsidised members of society, the cost of private motoring has declined over thirty years, the chances of detection for careless driving is almost non-existent.

Subsidised, how so? The motorist is Nu Labour's favourite cash-cow and how they've milked it - and continue to do so.

This is untrue. This year the Vetting and Barring Scheme is being introduced, which is a partnership with the Independent Safeguarding Authority. The number of people estimated to require a CRB check for this, due to them working or volunteering with children or vulnerable adults, is estimated to be 11 million. That's about 1 in 4 of the entire adult population. 1 in 4 UK adults are going to need a CRB check just to do their job or hobby. If that's not poisonous, intrusive hysteria then I don't know what is. 1 in 4!

Not only that but you also have the Enhanced CRB check that includes unproven allegations, arrests without charges, court acquittals and hearsay. We're heading towards a dark place and no one is paying attention. :(

This was apparently supposed to be rolled out last October but then the Govt realised they had seriously underestimated the number of people that would need a CRB check and was re estimated at about 8 million people. I was informed about this last July at a union seminar, also found out that the ISA included paying for another CRB check in the ISA check, even if you had had a recent one.

Subsidised, how so? The motorist is Nu Labour's favourite cash-cow and how they've milked it - and continue to do so.

In what way, other than excessive fuel duty? I pay far less to drive now than I ever have.