Which is the best area to live in Sheffield?

in my opinion i think Woodhouse is the best area!

good luck!!

Cant go wrong in the northern part of sheffield,take yer pick,grenoside,deepcar,worral,oughtibridge,all great places to live,wouldnt live anywhere else....

Here, here! a second recommendation for this end of town.

Suitable for people looking for:

- a quite, village life

- More of a rural setting, the countryside is on our doorstep!

- Excellent schools (Oughtibridge and Grenoside primary schools in particular)

- low crime rates

- beautiful views

- more affordable house prices in comparison to the south of the city

- horses!!!

Best of luck to you wherever you decide to move. X

if you're looking to rent you might be able to afford something in a very good area like Fulwood or Dore. Both these have a strong sense of community and are quiet, with good facilities and close to open countryside.

There's no easy access to the tram though.

Hi

I'm shortly moving to the area from Lancashire and was looking was wondeirng if anyone could advise me as to the best areas to live. We're looking at renting somewhere fairly quiet but I have no idea what areas to avoid. Really hoping for a village on the outskirts of the town but that could be wishing too much!!

Thanks for your help in advance

Laura

Thanks Stuart! So sorry, had a quick look but couldn't find anything - serves me right for not looking properly!

There are literally lots of threads about this (very dull & subjective) topic...

Hi

I'm shortly moving to the area from Lancashire and was looking was wondeirng if anyone could advise me as to the best areas to live. We're looking at renting somewhere fairly quiet but I have no idea what areas to avoid. Really hoping for a village on the outskirts of the town but that could be wishing too much!!

Thanks for your help in advance

Laura

Check out the Stocksbridge area but be prepared for the negative comments from jealous non residents.

Check out the Stocksbridge area but be prepared for the negative comments from jealous non residents.

A liitle far out for many people but a good area !

A liitle far out for many people but a good area !

That is one of the advantages

That is one of the advantages

Way too far from Meadowhall for my liking.

Thanks Stuart! So sorry, had a quick look but couldn't find anything - serves me right for not looking properly!

Budget rental wise is up to £650 but ideally want 3 bedrooms - I know I'm asking a lot!!

There'll be plenty of nice areas available to you for £650pmth. I agree with others Stocksbridge is nice but if you're looking to be close to be within a few miles of City Centre then I think Frechville would be a good one to look at :)