Rio Ferdinand - stalling over new deal

Lickszz

Originally posted by Lickszz

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4459115.stm

This kind of behaviour from greedy football players is really starting to get me annoyed.

I think greedy Ferdinand is messing Man Utd about, this is the club who has supported him during drug suspension. His agent has now turned round and said that Man Utd should consider offering him a deal appropriate for the best defender in the world. There is also amid allegations os tap up meeting with Chelsea, I think all this is bull just to try and bump up the price.

I expect him to sign but I hope it all blows up in his face. :mad:

Yeah I agree. I can't believe he has been offered £100k a WEEK nevermind him wanting an extra £20k a week. Absolute greed.

No one is worth that amount of money.

Originally posted by Guderian

Speaking as a season ticket holder at United, I say kick the t**t out of OT. He makes me sick. Class defender and all that, but his arrogance stuns me. We stood by him and forgave him for actions over the drugs test that never was.

Rather than repay that (and the fact he recd 8 months pay for nithing) by pledging his undying loyalty to us, he spits in our face. Get rid. If he doesnt sign by the opening day of the season the fans will make his life a misery at the opening games.

And we have a very promising young Spanish centre half named Gerard Pique, who, whilst young, is quite similar in style to Rio. This could be his chance.

Im sorry to say I have to disagree with you there fella.

Kicking Rio out of OT will not help us, and if you are one of the people booing him, I suggest you stop it along with the rest of you so called 'hardcore fans'.. we cant afford to lose another world class defender like him, look at the **** fergie left us in when stam went.

And if he does go, I hope you all who booed him dont get on Glaziers back about it, because I for one will be laying the blame squarely on the head of our so called 'hardcore fans' for ****ing us right up.

Pique is decent though I'll admit that- but he is not nearly ready yet for premiership.

If you want us to be great again- get off Rio's back.

What would you do if he goes to chelski?

I am quite happy that Phil is leaving to be honest and also I will be very happy when he takes Kleberson along with him.

I still reckon fergie is after another midfielder before the beginning of the season and I reckon its between Ballack and Essien hopefully.

If Rio goes I wont be that sorry. I would rather support a team with principles. And if we stood up to Rio we it might send a message out to other greedy players.

Anyway -set your clock pal. If he hasnt signed by the opening game then I (along with hundreds of others) will be hammering him at Goodison. No doubt about that.

Sir Matt would turn in his grave at his behaviour.

P.S Werent you the guy that said you would "give up on United if we became a selling club"?

Hmmm - think Chelsea beckons for you as well as Rio.

Originally posted by goose

What a great signing for Everton. David Moyes is a shrewd operator.

You are obviously the p**s big style with this post aren't you? If you're not are we talking about the same Phil Neville? Your post should have read what a great bit of business by Alex Ferguson and Man U selling Phil Neville to Everton who have been happy to take all their rejects over the years!

Originally posted by daverity

You are obviously the p**s big style with this post aren't you? If you're not are we talking about the same Phil Neville? Your post should have read what a great bit of business by Alex Ferguson and Man U selling Phil Neville to Everton who have been happy to take all their rejects over the years!

Dispite the stigma attached to Phil Neville, he is a quality player.

He will provide us with a good holding midfield player whilst also providing great cover for left and right back - positions we are thin on. He has over 50 England caps and has huge Champions League experience.

He is a great professional and will fit in well with the attitude we currently have with Moysey at the helm. All in all a great signing for £3m - he is 28 but how many players with over 50 caps at 28 will go for less than £3m?

We do need a couple more before the start of the season - a striker (Robbie Keane) and a creative midfielder.

Originally posted by Guderian

If Rio goes I wont be that sorry. I would rather support a team with principles. And if we stood up to Rio we it might send a message out to other greedy players.

Anyway -set your clock pal. If he hasnt signed by the opening game then I (along with hundreds of others) will be hammering him at Goodison. No doubt about that.

Sir Matt would turn in his grave at his behaviour.

P.S Werent you the guy that said you would "give up on United if we became a selling club"?

Hmmm - think Chelsea beckons for you as well as Rio.

If Rio goes, I wont be sorry!

Sorry to say fella, that if Rio goes, you the fans will be held accountable, not Malcolm Glazier- remember that.

I did say I would give up on United if any of our world class players leave, especially Rio, Ruud, Rooney or Ronaldo.

Any of them leave, and Utd dont make a decent effort to keep them, then sorry.. we are going down the ****pipe fast and I'm not tagging along.

After being a fan for more than 25 years, the last couple of seasons have to be fair, sickened me, through wrong managerial decisions to the ****e buys we have accumulated.

If Rio goes, so does any chance we can beat chelski to that title.

Period.

Originally posted by goose

Dispite the stigma attached to Phil Neville, he is a quality player.

He will provide us with a good holding midfield player whilst also providing great cover for left and right back - positions we are thin on. He has over 50 England caps and has huge Champions League experience.

He is a great professional and will fit in well with the attitude we currently have with Moysey at the helm. All in all a great signing for £3m - he is 28 but how many players with over 50 caps at 28 will go for less than £3m?

We do need a couple more before the start of the season - a striker (Robbie Keane) and a creative midfielder.

We'll wait to see if you're right, if you'd have said his brother was coming that would have been fine but Phil has made too many blunders in mine and Alex Ferguson's opinion-that's why he's been sold.

I like Keane but he's hardly done the business where he's been, I can't believe we didn't go for Darius Vassel from Villa.Man City got him and at 2m I think he was cheap!

Just realised getting a bit off thread here,so here goes...... Ferdinand get rid of him he's holding the club to ransom, no player is bigger than the club, there!