Rio Ferdinand - stalling over new deal

Lickszz

Originally posted by ANGELUS

rumour has it that Ballack and Owen will be on their way to us soon!!

So its looking up for us at last.

Sorry bud, Michael Owen is coming back to Liverpool. And we have a meeting arranged with Ballack and his agent in October (so early, to get the jump on other teams), to hopefully persuade him to sign a pre-contract with us in January.

Gerrard, Alonso and Ballack. Now that's a midfield trio.

N

Originally posted by Guderian

Angelus - I am concerned at just How you think this debt will be paid off? How can someone who goes into DEBT to buy something then "put money into the club" as easily as you say??

The money has to come from somewhere. Have you any idea of the interest glazer is paying on his loans?

I think the proof in in the pudding. You dont care where the money comes from as it won't be from YOU, as at 8.01pm you were sat at your PC, exactly 4 minutes before YOUR team kicked off whilst playing at home 35 miles away.

I think perhaps I would have your ROSY perspective about this all if i was one of those fans that never actually got their hands dirty,such as yourself.

P.S We need a defensive midfielder to replace keane, NOT Ballack, unless you were prepared to sacrifice Scholes.

The debt will be paid off, by us going to matches and by merchandising and the like- the point I was making is, this debt will only be hanging over us for a number of years, its not like it is unpayable is it??

So by me not going to the match last night - I am harming Utd why?

The fans still dont get it, and if you are a anti-glazier fan as well, you dont get it do you.

The Glaziers are in control of the club, you and the muppets protesting outside have ****ing lost.. give it up now.

You wont get rid of the glaziers, if you dont like it, **** off to chelsea.. otherwise back the team to the full

Most supporters 'dont get their hands dirty' as you say, most fans havent been to old trafford, but yet they still buy the shirts and follow the team through thick and thin.. if we lost all their support, we would be in the ****.

Its simple really, and united fans should learn to realise this as well- you dont have to go to OT to be a Utd fan, just back the team through thick and thin, buy the shirts and back the players- not boo the **** out of them.

Simple really.

We do need a DF midfielder now, not next year, looking at Keanes performance last night.. Gattuso would be nice, but I would rather see Ballack and Scholes at the minute with Owen up front with Ruud and Rooney.

Originally posted by liencam

Sorry bud, Michael Owen is coming back to Liverpool. And we have a meeting arranged with Ballack and his agent in October (so early, to get the jump on other teams), to hopefully persuade him to sign a pre-contract with us in January.

Gerrard, Alonso and Ballack. Now that's a midfield trio.

N

Not from what I've heard my friend-- the only team in the running for Owen now is us, mark my words.

And as for Ballack, rumour has it that he will be joining us in January fella, not liverpool.. it would be nice to see him at pool though dont get me wrong, but he is OT bound.

Originally posted by ANGELUS

Not from what I've heard my friend-- the only team in the running for Owen now is us, mark my words.

And as for Ballack, rumour has it that he will be joining us in January fella, not liverpool.. it would be nice to see him at pool though dont get me wrong, but he is OT bound.

I'm affraid we've heard conflicting reports then. My personal view is that he'll be in our squad for the Sunderland game.

With regards to Ballack, he wont be joining anyone in January, merely signing a pre-contract. Apparently he sees Didi Hamman as a bit of a role model, by the way.

We will have to wait and see then fella, but whoever Owen goes to.. its gonna be a good season to see him back where he rightfully should be, back in good old blighty!

Ballack- I'm sure I heard that about Didi as well.. but still, I reckon he would prefer the Keano position at Man Utd.

F off to Chelsea? I think you are the fickle one my friend

"I will walk away if we become a selling club!!", I seem to recall you saying.

How on earth can the Glazers buying us be a good thing? Are you completely mad?

How we now be in a better position than we were before?

Please tell me.

I am not against takeovers per se. I would have welcomed an Abramovich character - he paid off Chelseas debts and pumped money into them. Glazer is not in a position to do that. Economies will HAVE to be made sooner or later. And that can only be to our detriment.

P.S How on earth could Ballack "prefer the Keano position".

He is not a defensive midfielder. If you played him there you would not be playing to his strengths. There is no way he would buy it - he is a goal scoring midfielder who needs just that sort of player (defensive) behind him.

Ballack and Scholes in the middle? Do me a favour. We would be swamped.

Originally posted by Guderian

F off to Chelsea? I think you are the fickle one my friend

"I will walk away if we become a selling club!!", I seem to recall you saying.

I said if our world class talent goes, so do I! Its not being fickle!

Its just I would take it as our management dont know what they hell they are doing and also fergie, ie: with the Jaap Stam farce which set us back a couple of years before Rio came in.

How on earth can the Glazers buying us be a good thing? Are you completely mad?

How we now be in a better position than we were before?

Please tell me.

We are in debt, which is a problem, we wont be in debt forever and if the glazier family want to keep putting money into bettering the squad when we apparently had no cash to spend this season.. then I am all for them being at the club.

I am not against takeovers per se. I would have welcomed an Abramovich character - he paid off Chelseas debts and pumped money into them. Glazer is not in a position to do that. Economies will HAVE to be made sooner or later. And that can only be to our detriment.

So your saying if the glaziers had **** loads of cash you would welcome them with open arms? Just because they dont have a bottomless pit your against them, just because we are now in debt for a few years.

Ballack

P.S How on earth could Ballack "prefer the Keano position".

He is not a defensive midfielder. If you played him there you would not be playing to his strengths. There is no way he would buy it - he is a goal scoring midfielder who needs just that sort of player (defensive) behind him.

Ballack and Scholes in the middle? Do me a favour. We would be swamped.

I would like to see a DF in keanes mould, I dont think we are going to get Gattuso and now Davids is at tottenham who I reckon would have been worth a shot for a couple of years.

Our CM is not as good as it should be at the moment, very evident to me when we played on Tuesday night- showing me Keane is now getting past it also Scholes is still giving the ball away no end- hence I would like to see Ballack in the middle for now with Scholes.

Ballack can hold up the ball- Scholes does not seem to be able to do so.. but yep you are right in a way, we would be swamped so who do you suggest we get into the CM area then if not Ballack?

Who said we had no money before the Glazers? Had you seen our balance sheet? Its called being prudent!

United do it every year - have done since Martin Edwards. They plead poverty in order to get selling clubs to be realistic about their prices - Lyon and Essien right now is an example of a club taking the maximum that they think they can get.

Financially, we are not better off under the Glazers. That is a fact. The belt has to be tightened somewhere.

Crap!

We used all our remaining cash on Rooney last year.

They were not going to give us any cash before we sold players.. until the glaziers came in and now we have £25m+ a season to spend on players.. but I reckon they will give us more if need be.

Essien is a quality player, but I dont think there will be any takers for £30m+ though.

Financially, you are right- we are in debt, but all debts can be paid one way or another so I'm not that bothered about it to be honest.