Rio Ferdinand - stalling over new deal

Lickszz

Nope, I'm not a glory fan and neither am I one to say boot out Malcolm Glazier as well.

I have been brought up as a MU fan, born and bred.

How about you? Can you say the same?

Rio going- how will this help us in our current state, please explain because I must be missing something in my warped sense of mind???

I know lets let ronaldo go as well.. he's not signed a new contract yet and a lot of clubs are looking his way.. lets let him go off as well.. see where that gets us.

It amazes me sometimes about the thinking behind some of our 'loyal' fans or sheep as I call them.

They dont seem to have an idea themselves, they just follow about in herds following merrily along with the other so called 'hardcore' fans.

Next you will be telling me fergie does not deserve to be sacked this season if he does not win anything?

AH! I knew it... aww come on, its a good debate this.

Why stop now? And please dont be offended by anything I say.

Just a bit of banter.. thats all it is.

What do you class as being a red though?

And if Fergie does not win the title this season, I really am not sure whether he can still do the job.

He cocked up a lot last season, what with tactically indecisions and also rubbish buys as well- dont you agree?

Of course, but you dont sack someone like Ferguson. Perhaps Gill could have a word in his ear, or move him "upstairs", but to sack him would humiliate a man who has dedicated most of his working life to United.

No, I dont understand Kleberson and Djemba Djemba either, but if he can still unearth talent like Ronaldo then he still has something in the tank.

I'd stick him upstairs, we could do with someone keeping an eye on things if a new manager comes in to the club.

Kleb and Djemba- both were rubbish unfortunately but Ronaldo... big big signing for us.

I dont know if you heard this but when we played against Sporting Lisbon in a friendly- we lost I think it was 3-1 and Ronaldo played a blinder against us- our players went back into the dressing room and told fergie to sign Ronaldo.

Which worked out nice for us- because we have a link up with Sporting.. and now we have one with Fluminese in Brazil.. fantastic news for us.

2 of their kids are already coming over to us, and I've heard of one of them before Artur- who is supposedly a really fantastic young player.. fingers crossed!

I had heard that. But Fergie had already made an agreement with Lisbon that we were to sign Ronaldo, but not until the season after. After he had run rings round Gary Neville the players demanded the signing be brought forward!

Lucky for us it was.

I am still undecided about this "feeder club" business. I can understand the Antwerp deal in terms of blooding our players (Ronnie Wallwork was over there until sent off for strangling a ref) and getting EU permits for that Dong fella. But we can hardly send youngsters to Brazil can we?

And young Brazilians might struggle in the Manchester weather!

But I suppose if it gives us a chance of breaking up Real Madrids monopoly of young Brazilian talent then it might be a good thing.

Originally posted by Guderian

Of course, but you dont sack someone like Ferguson. Perhaps Gill could have a word in his ear, or move him "upstairs", but to sack him would humiliate a man who has dedicated most of his working life to United.

No, I dont understand Kleberson and Djemba Djemba either, but if he can still unearth talent like Ronaldo then he still has something in the tank.

I hardly think he 'unearthed' Ronaldo, he was on many clubs list. Liverpool actually made the first overtures to him, if memory serves.

I would also be concerned about the stranglehold Ferguson seems to have at OT. Great manager, in the past.

I do think he's getting towards the end of his shelf-life as manager though, and think you really should be grooming his succesor.

Quieroz(?) isn't up to the job IMO - nothing to do with his stint at Madrid.

Originally posted by liencam

Quieroz(?) isn't up to the job IMO - nothing to do with his stint at Madrid.

From the rumours going round at the minute a lot of the senior players are not happy with some of the techniques he has in training and other coaching methods.

Originally posted by Guderian But we can hardly send youngsters to Brazil can we?

And young Brazilians might struggle in the Manchester weather!

But I suppose if it gives us a chance of breaking up Real Madrids monopoly of young Brazilian talent then it might be a good thing.

Maybe it would be good to send a few of our younger players out to brazil to learn a bit more- I cant see why they couldnt send some kids over there? You might be right though about the brazilians and our manchester weather though!

Originally posted by ANGELUS

Maybe it would be good to send a few of our younger players out to brazil to learn a bit more- I cant see why they couldnt send some kids over there? You might be right though about the brazilians and our manchester weather though!

A pointless exercise, they'll not have Boddies over there.

;)