Whatever happened to Irvine Patnick?

Perhaps Mr Patnick might grace us with his presence and explain why he chipped in with such hideous lies? Was he by any chance in the police chief's pocket?

I have known Sir Irvine Patnick OBE for some years and can categorically say he was mis-quoted.

what was reported was unfair, inaccurate and wrong but once it is in the paper, what can you do?

you only have to look at how the newspapers destroy peoples reputation on a daily basis.

yes there are plenty of angry people till this day but it was nothing to do with Irvine in the slightest.

for all you rational people out there he is well and as sharp as ever considering he is past 80. I had lunch with him last week

Oh for many many years before that....called Patnicks Junkarama :D

Patnicks used to be on Langsett road in the 50's

phil goes in the museum / orchard or what ever its called now , mainly t-times and saturday afternoons

I have known Sir Irvine Patnick OBE for some years and can categorically say he was mis-quoted.

what was reported was unfair, inaccurate and wrong but once it is in the paper, what can you do?

you only have to look at how the newspapers destroy peoples reputation on a daily basis.

yes there are plenty of angry people till this day but it was nothing to do with Irvine in the slightest.

for all you rational people out there he is well and as sharp as ever considering he is past 80. I had lunch with him last week

When you next see him please inform him that I still take a very dim view of his late father's sales tactics, in respect of him miss describing the virtues of the pram wheels that he sold me. They turned out to be the wrong size entirely, and prohibited me breaking the world land speed trolly championship.

:hihi:

When you next see him please inform him that I still take a very dim view of his late father's sales tactics, in respect of him miss describing the virtues of the pram wheels that he sold me. They turned out to be the wrong size entirely, and prohibited me breaking the world land speed trolly championship.

:hihi:

I certainly will mention it and do my best to get you a refund!

I certainly will mention it and do my best to get you a refund!

To my best knowledge I think that the cost was between one shilling and sixpence and two shillings. Working on my inflation tables Irvine now owes me the sum of £5,000,000, however these new Tesco specs may require some running in. ;)

If what you say is true here's an opportunity for irvine patnick's name to be cleared- sign the petition and find out exactly what he did say:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19350

Petition to force the Sun newspaper to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sources and documents

Responsible department: Department for Culture, Media and Sport

Full disclosure by the Sun Newspaper to the Hillsborough independant panel of all it's records, including sources and documents relating to the 'The Truth' story published on 19/04/1989

Sir Irvine comes

the people cheer

we'll keep the blue flag

flying here.

That Patnicks here.the pigs all grunt

Best hide your bacon from that greedy.....(Tory)

i think patnicks used to have a buliding on derbyshire lane at meersbrook.my dad worked for him for a while

HI sneaks, Your user name urged me to recall a time around 1956/9 when an estate agent named wilson and burley whom i did repair work for offered me a house at Allnic rd, which had been refused a mortgage due to subsidence, l took the keys and went to look,l went back to Campo Lane and agreed a price with Mr Burley and gave him a deposit in good faith this was Friday night, on the next Wed; i went to have a further look and there was an old man lighting the fire when asked who he was said he worked for Ervine Patnick, when l looked into this he had contacted the owner after Burley told him it was sold and offered a bit more and the owner accepted it was a typical example of the sharp practice that breed of man is renowned for, Arfer Mo

HI sneaks, Your user name urged me to recall a time around 1956/9 when an estate agent named wilson and burley whom i did repair work for offered me a house at Allnic rd, which had been refused a mortgage due to subsidence, l took the keys and went to look,l went back to Campo Lane and agreed a price with Mr Burley and gave him a deposit in good faith this was Friday night, on the next Wed; i went to have a further look and there was an old man lighting the fire when asked who he was said he worked for Ervine Patnick, when l looked into this he had contacted the owner after Burley told him it was sold and offered a bit more and the owner accepted it was a typical example of the sharp practice that breed of man is renowned for, Arfer Mo

Hi Arfer , In the mid sixties one very bad winter me and a bricklayer called Ray Hartley along with our Hod carrier Graham Slinn [slinny] were out of work and desperate.

We heard on the grapevine that a builder called Patnick needed a gang to finish the top lift and topping out on a pair of semi detached houses.

We had a look at the job and told him ninety Quid thinking keep the price down and get the job, he offered us twenty five take it or leave it, We left it,

Never forgot that just one of those memories of how they used to screw you down when they thought you were desperate.

Don,t know if the builder was related or even the same bloke but have never forgot his arrogance.

Edited by cuttsie

lets start a 'bring back sir irvine' campaign. It isn't too late for him to stand in this election in hallam.

Here is the chorus of his campaign song set to the tune of the red flag:

Sir irvinre comes,

the people cheer,

we'll keep the blue flag ,

flying here.

:clap:

might be struggling here i think he"s dead

might be struggling here i think he"s dead
No, he ain't..:)