The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

I set off from Wharncliffe Side this morning at 10 past 9 to go to work on Blackstock Road. Roads on my estate had been gritted and my journey was smooth until I got to Heeley where the snow was beginning to stick. By the time I got onto Blackstock Road things were a bit scarey. Got into work and decided to cancel my afternoon appointments and head back at lunch time. I felt a bit of a fool as I left, as by that time a gritter had been down the road and the sun was out. Trouble-free journey back to Wharncliffe Side and onto my estate - but am I glad I didn't hang around. If I'd left it any later it would have been impossible to get up my road. It was nice, though, to get the dogs onto the snowly field and watch the lurcher dashing through the drifts - and even nicer to get back and warm up with a rum and ginger.:)

A local forum such as SF should be ideal for spreading information about inclement weather for the benefit of the community but to put it into 60+ pages going back and over 1000 posts is absurd completely defeats the object. How can we find anything useful?

A local forum such as SF should be ideal for spreading information about inclement weather for the benefit of the community but to put it into 60+ pages going back and over 1000 posts is absurd completely defeats the object. How can we find anything useful?

There's a search button on the left hand side.

My daughter in laws car has just broken down on the junction near the olive grove pub and she has had to leave it there. She has her two year old daughter with her who is not very well, and they are having to walk home , she lives at the top of east bank road. My son is stuck in traffic on richmond road and has just told me he is going to walk home to try and help her. Please remember that sometimes when people leave their cars they may have a good reason for doing so.