The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

The search function is what you need! Do it to flag stuff up by post and it normally does the trick.

Advanced Search --> Show Results By: Check the "Post" box. Job done.

All I'd like to know is if there are any issues coming into Sheff from J36 and then getting to Crosspool. Search won't find that and by the time I trawl through this I'd be there. What I'm saying is that there should be separate threads for separate issues if it's to serve the community effectively. It has the potential to do that very well but I think it's wasted.

A628; Penistone both ways between A616, Penistone and A629, Halifax Road, South Yorkshire

closed

A628 South Yorkshire - Closed both ways between the Flouch roundabout junction and the A629 Halifax Road junction in Penistone, because of snow.

Last updated: 2nd February 2009 at 18:32

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/traffic_latest_feature.shtml

Reported Service Alterations

Bus & Tram Services:

** Traveline is currently experiencing high call volumes and some technical difficulties. Please bear with us. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience **

Please be aware that generally services are running delayed due to the sheer volume of traffic on the roads. However, unless stated below services are running their normal routes.

First Sheffield and Stagecoach in Sheffield have temporarily suspended services, all buses returning to depot. Following the roads being gritted then some services will be sent out to operate on main roads only. More details when available

Stagecoach in Rawmarsh - services are being suspended for the remainder of the evening.

Stagecoach Supertram delays due to standing traffic along Park Grange Road/City Road (Backing up from Norton Avenue)

Some additional road closures - Seagrave Cres, Chadwick Road, Sandstone Road, Long Line, Hinde House Lane (RTA)

Stagecoach in Barnsley

1 Cancelled until further notice.

11 Full Route

12 Full Route

218 Using Main Roads only

219 Using Main Roads only

226 Using Main Roads only

227 Using Main Roads only

229 Using Main Roads only

265 Sheffield (Main Road only)

43 Park Road (Main Road) not serving Worsbrough Common

44 Park Road (Main Road) not serving Worsbrough Common

6 Neville Ave (Turn round at Stairfoot & return)

66 Hoyland (not Worsbrough Village)

67 Main road to Hoyland

68 Serving Wombwell only

93 & 92 Having trouble using Beevor Lane could be subject delays and cancellations.

95 Turning round at Barugh Green

Penistone services (20, 20A, 21, 23 & 24) are not running to Penistone they are only going as far as Gilroyd & Dodworth .

Shafton depot have informed us they are only serving the main road and are not serving White City at Grimethorpe.

First service 66 is diverting around the Norfolk Hill (in Grenoside) as the road is closed.

Powells have informed us that the X7 service will be operating but that it may only be serving the main, gritted, roads. This will very much depend on the weather at the time.

Powells Service 18 - suspended due to drifting snow

TM Travel 293 service is now serving Dronfield Hill Top area.

First Rotherham and Doncaster - Running normal routes where possible (i.e. gritted roads) - no cancellations at present

School update - please listen to local radio or contact your school.

Please listen to Local radio for details of services affected by snow. All main roads currently open, some untreated side roads may cause some delays.

For information on road closures please listen to your local radio station or visit BBC Travel News.

Rail Services

Local Services - No reported problems.

Inter-City Services - Delays between 30-60 mintues

Please visit http://www.nationalrail.co.uk for further details.

All I'd like to know is if there are any issues coming into Sheff from J36 and then getting to Crosspool. Search won't find that and by the time I trawl through this I'd be there. What I'm saying is that there should be separate threads for separate issues if it's to serve the community effectively. It has the potential to do that very well but I think it's wasted.

A61 Westwood New Road is very bad right now , everything struggling to ger up the hill towards Greno