The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

just been out to put my van on the bus route because off to work at 2am,i mean need to get them papers out in the morning.....took me a good 15 minutes to do a few hundred yards.......kids are out making snowmen and sledging about......reminds me of my childhood....happy days

I like snow and not moaning, my hubby works on the train and is in Cleethorpes now, due to get back to sheffield at 8pm, he then needs to pray the bus / tram is running as he doesnt drive, neither do i

My hubby has just gone to bus station and was told they have stopped buses for the next 2 hours, so he is now walking.:(

Hi, Greyboy is currently stuck on Olive Grove something or other, it's taken him over an hour to get there from Hillsborough. He's pulled off into a side street for a while to try and let the traffic ease up rather than just burning diesel and not going anywhere.

As he has to get to Gleadless I'm not holding out any hope of seeing him much before 8pm!

East Bank road is totally snarled up, not helped by someone thinking their journey was more important than others and is now stuck in the middle of the road.

Well done council for keeping everyone moving!!

This is brilliant 'First Services within Sheffield are being temporaily withdrawn when they reach the City to allow the Council the Grit the roads. They will restart the service later this evening - more details when available'.

Just got it off the website. What have the gritters been doing all day???

Where did you see this? Someone else has just mentioned it to me but i can't find it anywhere!

Bus & Tram Services:

** Traveline is currently experiencing high call volumes and some technical difficulties. Please bare with us. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience **

First Services within Sheffield are being temporaily withdrawn when they reach the City to allow the Council the Grit the roads. They will restart the service later this evening - more details when available.

Please listen to Local radio for details of services affected by snow. All main roads currently open, some untreated side roads may cause some delays.

For information on road closures please listen to your local radio station or visit BBC Travel News.

Rail Services

No reported problems.

Please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for further details.

Posted 02/02/09 @ 1740

Source: http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/News/Reported+Service+Alterations.htm

"Please bare with us" - :lol:

Where did you see this? Someone else has just mentioned it to me but i can't find it anywhere!

See here - http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/News/Reported+Service+Alterations.htm

"Reported Service Alterations

Bus & Tram Services:

** Traveline is currently experiencing high call volumes and some technical difficulties. Please bare with us. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience **

First Services within Sheffield are being temporaily withdrawn when they reach the City to allow the Council the Grit the roads. They will restart the service later this evening - more details when available.

Please listen to Local radio for details of services affected by snow. All main roads currently open, some untreated side roads may cause some delays.

For information on road closures please listen to your local radio station or visit BBC Travel News.

Rail Services

No reported problems.

Please visit http://www.nationalrail.co.uk for further details.

Posted 02/02/09 @ 1740"

HTH :).