The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

The Environment Agency in Sheffield (you know, the ones who issue the warnings and know precisely how bad it is on the roads) wouldn't let their staff leave early this afternoon, which is why my Other Half has had to abandon his car, and is currently walking home (miles) in the snow (no public transport running) just days after receiving a head injury which meant he had to go to the Northern General for an x ray. Brilliant. Nothing like looking after your staff, is there???

Grrrrrr.

Vehicles are really struggling up Mansfield road I live on Mansfield road and going down it is complete standstill and coming up cars are skidding all over the place and accelerating harder which is just making an awful noise!!!

My boyfriend went out to the gritter and came back with a bag of grit and started putting it under skidding drivers wheels bless him :-)

Vehicles are really struggling up Mansfield road I live on Mansfield road and going down it is complete standstill and coming up cars are skidding all over the place and accelerating harder which is just making an awful noise!!!

My boyfriend went out to the gritter and came back with a bag of grit and started putting it under skidding drivers wheels bless him :-)

You tell him he's a star! xxx