Help - what spec laptop do I need for a teenager?

Vista is fine on laptops past £500, anything below with vista pre-included isn't worth running vista on at all.

£500 is really the minimum budget you should be looking at, make sure it has either ATI or nVidia Graphics as the standard 'intel' integrated are not too good..

Makes that are decent are Acer, Asus, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba... But again, the latter are more expensive with better Graphics

Vista is fine on laptops past £500, anything below with vista pre-included isn't worth running vista on at all.

£500 is really the minimum budget you should be looking at, make sure it has either ATI or nVidia Graphics as the standard 'intel' integrated are not too good..

Makes that are decent are Acer, Asus, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba... But again, the latter are more expensive with better Graphics

Uh, so you're saying that paying £350ish is no good? Why not?

Why does it need to be a laptop? I dont understand the craze - batteries only last a couple of hours anyway.

You *will* save hundreds buying some PC components and putting them together yourself. If you don't know how to do this (its actually very easy) then get someone to do it for you for a fee - you still get more bang for your buck.

Edit - on that matter, if you need advice on buying pc components, just drop me a line.

i heard theres an offer in store at staples.

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=%2C&webid=396306&affixedcode=WW

Fujitsu siemens Li2727 laptop.

Celeron Dual Core t1400

120 GB Hard drive

1Gb Ram

The above is £275 but they have an offer on where you can have a HP F2180 3 in 1 printer with any PC or Laptop over £250 for £5.

Plus free laptop case , 2gb usb drive and online backup software.

advert in Daily Express.

i heard theres an offer in store at staples.

http://www.staples.co.uk/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=%2C&webid=396306&affixedcode=WW

Fujitsu siemens Li2727 laptop.

Celeron Dual Core t1400

120 GB Hard drive

1Gb Ram

The above is £275 but they have an offer on where you can have a HP F2180 3 in 1 printer with any PC or Laptop over £250 for £5.

Plus free laptop case , 2gb usb drive and online backup software.

advert in Daily Express.

Heh I was about to suggest this one too, by any chance do you visit hotukdeals?

Heh I was about to suggest this one too, by any chance do you visit hotukdeals?

shh.... ;)

Don't buy a Sony. That cannot be emphasised enough. Samsung and Toshiba make nice laptops but a decent one will be well beyond budget. Dell, HP and Asus are what I would look at for what you need.

As a rule the advice is to buy the best you can afford, if you buy a cheaper one it’s going to cost you in the long run in the form of upgrades / trade in when you find its not suitable.

can get a dell inspiron1525 2gig memory 260gig hdd for around 450