Sheffield 'The Sugar Cube'

now THAT building i like - i can get along with that!

I do appreciate that they've perhaps tried to play on Sheffield history of Steel....but shaping it nicely onto the building obviously wasn't an option so they just threw all the scraps of metal from the other high rise projects in Sheffield on it to save money?

Sopposedly inspired by the eroded gritstone formations on the pennine moors, so it has some regional resonance, which I think is ace.

I call it the Mister man, because it reminds me of Mister Greedy.

It's more like Babapapa (if anyone can remenber him)

There's no way it would be viable to build a 600 space, 10 storey car park under ground!
You just think that, you don;t anything about the subject really do you? Un underground car park is not viable but a car park tower is?
Other countries and cities manage to do that, why not Sheffield?
You missed that didn't you?
f they build 'the Mister Man' however, I will forgive Sheffield.

http://www.sheffielddigitalcampus.com/phases/phase_3/

OMGWho is the architect of this so I can to his house and shoot him? It's just a flippin turd with glow worms attached to it. More, yes, more of this, I know where to wee now thanks. I could contain my revulsion of the car park but this?

You just think that, you don;t anything about the subject really do you? Un underground car park is not viable but a car park tower is?You missed that didn't you?OMGWho is the architect of this so I can to his house and shoot him? It's just a flippin turd with glow worms attached to it. More, yes, more of this, I know where to wee now thanks. I could contain my revulsion of the car park but this?

Are you Armish or something ?

Maybe 3 floors of underground parking is an option, but 10! It would never happen! (No I don't have any in-depth knowledge of building underground car parks Captain Scarlet - I doubt you do - but I suspect there's a reason why there's not more of them)

OMGWho is the architect of this so I can to his house and shoot him?

It's MAKE architects who also designed the 'Gherkin' in London.

Are you Armish or something ?
Isn't being an Amish a little extreme? There is a distinct different between a hand made wooden farm and a building that looks like a turd.
Never been to Helsinki then?

And THAT'S granite! Not like our soft, easily cut sandstone.

They use the space for the foundations to dump the car park there. You have the burried pillars used as the car cark pillars. I bet they don't have issue digging in granite to fit car parks? "Sandstone? Ooooh no can do" :suspect: