Sheffield 'The Sugar Cube'

The one thing that proves Sheffield is still a village is opposition to 50 storey glass towers, not opposition to this ugly carbuncle in a prominent place.

Well there are no 50 story glass towers in Leeds, and there are not gonna be for the foreseeable future, seen as Lumière has been put on hold!:hihi:

Well there are no 50 story glass towers in Leeds, and there are not gonna be for the foreseeable future, seen as Lumière has been put on hold!:hihi:

Why revel in the misfortune of other cities Mr Sheffield. Lumiere was a stunning proposal which many would've loved to see go ahead whether in Leeds or not.

Unfortunately the cancellation of Lumiere after it had started construction means it doesn't bode well for many projects across the country...

Why revel in the misfortune of other cities Mr Sheffield. Lumiere was a stunning proposal which many would've loved to see go ahead whether in Leeds or not.

Unfortunately the cancellation of Lumiere after it had started construction means it doesn't bode well for many projects across the country...

I was just pointing out to less well informed that it is no longer going ahead! if he wants to keep having a go someone might as well have a go back!

I looked at it through the tram window this morning and thought "What an utterly vile building". It's one of the worst eyesores I have seen, and anyone who believes otherwise must looking at it through rose-coloured contact lenses. They'd never let anything so horrendous get thrown up in Leeds.

Have seen some of the buildings going up in Leeds they are truly awful! Opel 3 is terrible!

To be honest guys, i doubted Lumier going ahead right from the outset.

It looked far too ambitious.

I've often wondered how it would fit in with the Leeds Skyline and just couldn't see it working well at all.

It would look even worse in Sheffield with our topography.

I do hope the Velocity Tower extension gets approval, if only for the Skybar!

To be honest guys, i doubted Lumier going ahead right from the outset.

It looked far too ambitious.

I've often wondered how it would fit in with the Leeds Skyline and just couldn't see it working well at all.

It would look even worse in Sheffield with our topography.

I do hope the Velocity Tower extension gets approval, if only for the Skybar!

It would look great near the city gate near the Velocity Tower etc....... Lets steal the project :)