Zizis leopold square

Went last night and it was fine, would return. £54 for 2, bread, 2 starters, 2 mains, 1 dessert, 4 cocktails. Service and food not out of this world, probably 7/10 for this price bracket, but you get what you pay for, had i wanted to spend £150 i would have gone to fischers.

• 2 years later...

went last night wasnt overly impressed, staff very nice, layout and decor nice as a well but food very disappointing considering the price, a very small bowl of calamari 8 small pcs with a tiny bowl of dip and no garnish of any sort for £4.55 tasted ok but not the best.

duck salad for £10.55 needed a lot more meat in to justify the price, a bit of shredded leg meat and mix salad leaves with a couple of parmesan shavings doesnt look good value.

wouldnt go again

my birthday

Strada 2009.

34 people to be served. I'd sent the orders through early to help and they used them.

Food more or less right and used me to help them give it out so people got it quicker (I was fine with this). I really liked mine and those of others that I tasted. (I did a course per table)

Drinks bought at the bar to solve problems later.

Lemoncellos complimentary all round - 4 free bottles of fizz.

My meal was "sorted" as birthday girl.

Staff joined in with the fits and giggles couldn't do enough for us. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Would really recommend it.

Zizzi 2010 (Wanted to go somewhere different)

36 people to be served.

I sent the order through twice as they lost the first copy. (I rang up to check a few days earlier) Also rang with the last min changes that day, they ignored them and those people had to wait for their food. They said that manager was off and it was his fault list had gone missing) Luckily I had another copy.

food was ok.

Big fit about paying for drinks even though I'd told manager previously this was my intention. You can't do that! So we will pay for them as we go along in little groups... huffed and puffed about this then eventually agreed yes it would be sensible to help them if we went up to the bar.

Nothing complimentary at all, despite a big group on a Tuesday night spending near on £1000.

Manager then wanted me to pay for all 36 people - when i said are you having a laugh, people are paying for themselves or in pairs, again huffed and puffed which is why i'd given him the list of what people had had to help him! Said this was impossible. I said no, it's not you just deduct that payment from the bill!

Once it was established that yes, you can part pay a bill, he huffed and puffed about this!

There was also lots of other moaning on his part, everything was too much trouble...

At the end I went to see if all the bill had been settled and he said yes. No thank you. Yes. But (his words) "you lied about asking about paying separately and the bar!"

Erm - EXCUSE ME?????!!!!!! Customer complaint making it worse!

By this point I was fuming! I went outside with my friends to calm down and two of my friends went back in to demand his name for us to make a complaint. He told them they were making a disturbance and the rest of the staff started shouting at them - he doesn't have to give you his name! He's done nothing wrong. My sister and friend patiently stood there until he wrote down a name - of the manager he said had been off and had lost my list!

In the end, some personal unrelated stuff went off directly after and i didn't complain but i really should have.

I have told everyone i know about this dreadful place and refuse to set foot back in it. A lot of the people who were there are also forummers and would back my story up.

Other zizzis i have been to have been far superior but i've not been to any since.