Zizis leopold square

I seem to remember Strada was going to be a different brand, but they changed when zizis opened, it must have been a similar concept I can't remember the original idea, whatever it was must have been part of the same group

It was originally going to be 'Ortega' which is a Spanish tapas bar and cantina. It is indeed part of the same group as Strada. They decided it would be too similar to its neighbours, but I think that's down to Platillos and Popolo rather than Zizzi, though I could be wrong!

While I mention it, I am genuinely excited about Popolo opening...shall certainly be sampling a few cocktails there.

How embarrassing! I don't know anything at all about Strada, I'll have to keep a look out for it. I spend most of my week working in Southern England so if a new one has popped up in Sheffield it might have escaped me. Although I don't recall seeing this chain down south either. Heavens! not a true independent possibly?

You're right...not a true independent, definitely a chain.

http://www.strada.co.uk/restaurants.html

I haven't eaten at the Sheffield one yet, but have done in London and was really quite impressed. Food tasted fresh and good quality for the price. And I agree with everyone else about Zizzi's - distinctly average.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to zizzi today...and found it to be rather rubbish, the service was appalling.

We had to wait about 15 mins for a bottle of wine....twice! They forgot our starters, my main course wasn't very nice (when it eventually arrived), very greasy, they got one of our desserts wrong twice, and after being sat in there for 2 hours and 45 minutes my bum was getting rather numb on the very uncomfortable hard wooden chairs.

Although we complained about the service and got rather a huge discount (100% :hihi:) on the meal, I definately wont be going there again,and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

We went to zizzi today...and found it to be rather rubbish, the service was appalling.

We had to wait about 15 mins for a bottle of wine....twice! They forgot our starters, my main course wasn't very nice (when it eventually arrived), very greasy, they got one of our desserts wrong twice, and after being sat in there for 2 hours and 45 minutes my bum was getting rather numb on the very uncomfortable hard wooden chairs.

Although we complained about the service and got rather a huge discount (100% :hihi:) on the meal, I definately wont be going there again,and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

:wow: Not good.

I'm meant to be going tomorrow! Oh well, its going to hopefully be the sort of day that can't be ruined!

What food did you have? So I know what to avoid :hihi:

:wow: Not good.

I'm meant to be going tomorrow! Oh well, its going to hopefully be the sort of day that can't be ruined!

What food did you have? So I know what to avoid :hihi:

Is it last exams, funkymiss? Hope you have a good one!

Have not tried Zizi's yet so no comments there I'm afraid.