Zizis leopold square

We went last Saturday afternoon; food very average, service terrible, half the specials were not available. Mrs M had risotto which was under cooked, rock hard in the middle.

The waitress clearly didn't want to be there by the morbid look on her face; for Christ sake smile....

Would not go again.

On my one and only visit to Zizzi's in Sheffield, I felt the same aas when I have visited others in the chain - quite expensive for what you get and service that tends to make you feel like they are doing you a big favour rather than actually providing a service that you are paying for.

A shame, because I like the whole idea of Leopold Square..and the service received at Popolo (opp Zizzi's) wasnt much better - although the food was marginally better.

On a positive note, I cant fault Aagrah - brilliant service, great atmosphere and lovely food on every occasion that Ive been! Cocktails were surprisingly good (and alcoholic!) too! :)

Well, we went to Zizzi in Leopold square a fair few months ago after it had just opened. We really wernt impressed at all. The food was alright, but the service left much to be desired. It took about 20 minutes to get asked what drinks we wanted, and absolutely ages for food. We just put this down to teething problems as it had literally only just opened, so we didnt really think much of it.

Last night we thought we would give it another chance, its been open a fair while now and we had a 2 for 1 voucher, so we went back:

IT WAS EVEN WORSE!

The waitress was such an old sourpuss, not only this but when she poured our wine (which was practicly warm) she spilt it all over the table. She didnt apologise or get a cloth to wipe it up or anything. She was so sloppy and lacklustre.

Then we got some bread and oils, the bread was literally stale. And they only gave us a tiny little dish of oil so we had to ask for more. Not really a problem, but a little bit annoying.

Then our main meals came, the Pizza, i must say, was lovely. But nothing that Strada couldnt beat. Not only this but my other halfs pasta was pretty bland.

So, to summarise:

Bad Service

Warm Wine

Spilt Wine

Stale Bread

Bland Pasta

To end this rant with a bit of positivity, i really would recommend Strada in Leopold Square. The food is lovely, Service is brilliant, gorgeous wine, and a nice setting. Weve been about 5 times and never had a bad meal.

I have one of those vouchers but I have not had chance to go yet. It is really surprising to hear, as the one in Cardiff is fantastic! It is always busy but you get brilliant service, really fresh food and a very good experience all round. I will be trying it out next week and let you know my opinions too and also how it compares.

Also had bad experience there and haven't been back. Wrong drinks, and took ages getting served (though it wasn't full) so we left before ordering food.

Agree about Strada - has been very good each time, so why bother with Zizzi's one wonders.

Went last night (as part of a big group of 12, not my choice). It was OK, but only OK. My calzone was burnt on the outside so it was practically impossible to cut through. The salad accompanying it was clearly out of one of those readymade plastic bag thingies!! Having said that, dessert was nice and no one spilt wine on us!

Went last night (as part of a big group of 12, not my choice). It was OK, but only OK. My calzone was burnt on the outside so it was practically impossible to cut through. The salad accompanying it was clearly out of one of those readymade plastic bag thingies!! Having said that, dessert was nice and no one spilt wine on us!

Calzones don't come with salad - it comes with garnish :P