Zizis leopold square

You're right...not a true independent, definitely a chain.

http://www.strada.co.uk/restaurants.html

I haven't eaten at the Sheffield one yet, but have done in London and was really quite impressed. Food tasted fresh and good quality for the price. And I agree with everyone else about Zizzi's - distinctly average.

speaking of London, was there yesterday and ate at the Masala Zone, just off Regent Street. Cafe-style, cheap, fast Indian food. It was excellent!

Owner is same guy who has Veeraswamy and Chutney Mary - food is very good. You tried this perhaps?

speaking of London, was there yesterday and ate at the Masala Zone, just off Regent Street. Cafe-style, cheap, fast Indian food. It was excellent!

Owner is same guy who has Veeraswamy and Chutney Mary - food is very good. You tried this perhaps?

Nice to hear that Chutney Mary is still good I haven't been since it first opened, it was good food and quite a different experience at the time.

Not eaten at the Masala Zone no, but have at both Veeraswamy and Chutney Mary - yes, I agree, food excellent, but my favourite Indian in London (in fact, anywhere) is definitely Woodlands - there are a few in London but usually go to the one just off Haymarket. It's authentic South Indian vegetarian food, of the type usually not found outside South India and of the kind I have STILL yet to find in Sheffield. Just thinking about dosas, idlis, uthappams and puris makes my mouth water!!

• 2 months later...

Have had the unfortunate luck to have been twice, the 2nd time for a hen night so not my call but i can honestly say the food and service was some of the worst i've had for a while.

The waitress forgot to get some of our parties order for there maincourses so they were left without for a good 1/2 an hour requiring us to stay in the dreaded place longer than necessary.

My seafood risotto was hardly cooked and virtually inedible, the first time i had the toughest calzone ever, Yeuch.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting reading all these reviews...I've never been to Zizzi's in Sheffield, having taken one look at it and dismissed it as yet another trendy looking place that would probably have impersonal service and not particularly special food. I'm quite a food geek, I love eating out and I expect restaurant food to be significantly better than what I can cook myself at home, otherwise what's the point?

Anyway, having thought all that, I've just been to visit a friend in St Albans last week and she took me to Zizzi's there. I was braced for it being as I expected, but to my great surprise it had an interesting menu, fantastically friendly and quick service even though they were very busy, and all of the food we had was excellent (pizza, calzone and a pasta dish, plus desserts). We ended up eating there again and it was just as good the second time, my friend says she eats there a lot and it's one of her favourite places. "That showed me", thought I, and decided I'd better give the Sheffield one a go after all. I'm not sure after reading all these poor reviews! But if the Sheffield one really is that unimpressive, it just goes to show that not all branches of a chain are the same...