Proposed future law - Incitement to cause hatred against Homosexuals

Unfortunately there are people on this thread who are arguing for argument's sake....why? because they do that on every thread they visit......these people would argue that black is white and with a bit of luck they will get knocked down on the next zebra crossing (this concept is thanks to Douglas Adams).....what is it that makes them so argumentative.....live and let live and celebrate the diversity that the world has to offer them. :D

why?

if theyre more than capable to do the job then why should a homophobic employer stop somebody from doing it????

For the same reason that you might not want somebody with really bad body odour or scruffy appearance to be forced upon you - the right an employer should have to choose the kind of people they want to work with.

We have to spend a quarter of our lives with our work colleagues - an employer should at least have the choice to employ people they like, and not be forced to take on people they dislike simply because of asinine positive discrimination laws.

Unfortunately there are people on this thread who are arguing for argument's sake....why? because they do that on every thread they visit......these people would argue that black is white and with a bit of luck they will get knocked down on the next zebra crossing (this concept is thanks to Douglas Adams).....what is it that makes them so argumentative.....live and let live and celebrate the diversity that the world has to offer them. :D

im going to steal part of your quote for a new thread :D

For the same reason that you might not want somebody with really bad body odour or scruffy appearance to be forced upon you - the right an employer should have to choose the kind of people they want to work with.

We have to spend a quarter of our lives with our work colleagues - an employer should at least have the choice to employ people they like, and not be forced to take on people they dislike simply because of asinine positive discrimination laws.

.. and what if the employer does not know the employee is "gay" when been offered the job and find out later they are , would you sack them on this ground.

.. and what if the employer does not know the employee is "gay" when been offered the job and find out later they are , would you sack them on this ground.

If they acted like a normal human being, kept their unfortunate condition discreet and private, and did the job well, then good luck to them.

However, at the first sign of makeup or mincing, they would be ejected from the building.

No, I behave normally when out because I am normal.

There is nothing abnormal about homosexuality is there.

**opens a bigger bag of popcorn**

How can you be normal,if you were normal you would concede to normality and be attracted to the opposite sex,Idont know the percentages but if ,lets say 5% of the worlds population are H/S and the other 95% are hetro simple mathematics say that the greater figure is the norm therefore the lesser bigger is abnormal,sorry but I just dont know any other opposite word to the word normal other than deviant,which is to deviate from the normality.so its a simple choice which you prefer..abnormal or deviant

If they acted like a normal human being, kept their unfortunate condition discreet and private, and did the job well, then good luck to them.

However, at the first sign of makeup or mincing, they would be ejected from the building.

What about straight guys who mince about and wear makeup, would they be sacked as well, trust me it does happen.

I am glad you are not my boss.