On The Telly Now - Face Covering.

i see plenty in hijabs walking round middlesborough out shopping, they seem to integrate pretty decently, they must also have the odd convo with people in shops, the kids, the husband etc ?
Plenty of hijabs about on French streets, from a very long time and widely-varying ethnic provenance (sub-tending many 'flavours' of Islam, so to speak and as it were), and no issue.

But a hijab does not cover the face.

I can appreciate that this is a passionate debate, but please don't resort to strawman tactics. It's beneath you.

Having visited Knightsbridge on a few occasions you cannot help but notice the amount of super-wealthy Arab women from places like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia who cover their faces whilst out & about spending their money.

I'm pretty sure London won't be a destination of choice for these women if we criminalise the veil.

They are spending the oil revenue stolen from the people by the so called Royals.

---------- Post added 24-04-2017 at 19:25 ----------

I don't see how anyone wearing one can integrate. Seeing a persons face helps when you are having a conversation.

The naked rambler keeps getting locked up :hihi:

To answer the OP - no, of course we shouldn't ban women from covering their faces.

It's the kind of thing that fascists like the Nazis and the Talibs do. We're better than that, we're British.

Plenty of hijabs about on French streets, from a very long time and widely-varying ethnic provenance (sub-tending many 'flavours' of Islam, so to speak and as it were), and no issue.

But a hijab does not cover the face.

I can appreciate that this is a passionate debate, but please don't resort to strawman tactics. It's beneath you.

ok ok i was lazy and used one word to mean all, but you know exactly what i meant, face coverings, veils, hijabs...niquabs or whatever theyre called :rolleyes:

To answer the OP - no, of course we shouldn't ban women from covering their faces.

It's the kind of thing that fascists like the Nazis and the Talibs do. We're better than that, we're British.

The Talibs ???????.

The Talibs ???????.

Yeah - they insist on women covering their faces and punish them if they don't. Different side of the same coin.

ok ok i was lazy and used one word to mean all, but you know exactly what i meant, face coverings, veils, hijabs...niquabs or whatever theyre called :rolleyes:

You need diversity training. ;)

You have just said what I was thinking. Along with a few other thoughts, which I have already said in another thread.

I agree as well,i held a door open going into a shop for a woman wearing a burqa a few weeks ago and she just blanked me and walked through the door.She didnt look at me,ackowledge me or speak to me.I was annoyed courtesy costs nothing.This has happened twice to me now,i wont be opening the door to a burqa wearer again.How are we supposed to get along if some wont even look at us never mind talk to us.

Yeah - they insist on women covering their faces and punish them if they don't. Different side of the same coin.

And that never goes on here does it. They do cover black eyes though.

You need diversity training. ;)

probably

i aint muslim so its not really my scene all this hijabby stuff LOL

Such an irrational and potentially violent response is a good example of why non-muslims have legitimate fears about about aspects of this particular religion, which has not been, and possibly cannot be, secularised, or de-fanged of its more contentious tenets. The sensitivity around any slight, real or imagined, to the prophet is baffling to most of us.

But how have UKIP responded?

https://twitter.com/OfficialSPGB/status/856525796835545090/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fpoliticalscrapbook.net%2F2017%2F04%2Fukips-thinly-veiled-burka-ban-backfires%2F

and what about Bee Keepers?

http://honey-page.com/?product=test-beekeeper-suit-test

Nuttall is right. They come over here taking our hives, stealing our bees and making honey....:hihi:

(I wished I could claim that line was my own, but I ripped it from another site)

Edited by Mister M

Guest sibon
I agree as well,i held a door open going into a shop for a woman wearing a burqa a few weeks ago and she just blanked me and walked through the door.She didnt look at me,ackowledge me or speak to me.I was annoyed courtesy costs nothing.This has happened twice to me now,i wont be opening the door to a burqa wearer again.How are we supposed to get along if some wont even look at us never mind talk to us.

Happens all the time. Only yesterday, I let a blonde middle aged woman in a Range Rover out of a junction. She never even thanked me. Rude cow.