Ignorant Drivers on snake pass

For all we know she could have been armed with a bunch of loganberries.

For all we know she could have been armed with a bunch of loganberries.

Which, if offered as a reward could have been a HUGE choking hazard.

Just always makes me wonder what sort of people drive past a hysterical sobbing woman at the summit of snake Pass whose been trying to flag down traffic for half an hour.

Prior to this she had narrowly missed a head on accident and punctured her tyre hitting the kerb. She had no phone signal and wasn't able to change the tyre. After 30 mins in the freezing weather she was pretty much hysterical. I saw 2 drivers actually move to other side of the road to avoid her.

I don't expect a medal for stopping but just can't help wonder why it takes 30 mins for a motorist to aid someone especially a damsel??? :loopy:

other than the fact it isi a classic trick for car jacking or robbery ...

I thought that changing a tyre was part of the driving test now?

Is this true ?:o

about an hour ago. Her car could be clearly seen with hazard lights on so trap doesn't come into it. Its just another 'i can't be bothered to help' syndrome.

what aobut

a. the weapon the women has

b. the person or persons hiding in the car

c. the person or persons hiding outside the car

d. in some parts of snake the vehicle or vehicles hidden just out of sight.

other than the fact it isi a classic trick for car jacking or robbery ...

That is what made me make my initial post - the whole thing reads like a scenario from a horror novel. Late at night, isolated spot, broken down vehicle, distressed woman (loony partner hiding in car with knife) .

People may have had reason not to stop.

what aobut

a. the weapon the women has

b. the person or persons hiding in the car

c. the person or persons hiding outside the car

d. in some parts of snake the vehicle or vehicles hidden just out of sight.

Another wimpy coward. What about if it's the other way round and a passing motorist has malicious intentions. Do you not feel duty bound to ensure that she is safe from that rather than just thinking of any danger to yourself regardless of how unlikely it is.

You are a kind person if you value the life of a stranger higher than your own. The odds of either of the events you describe are probably similar.

This is not the same as saying you wouldn't risk your own life to save someone from dying.

That is what made me make my initial post - the whole thing reads like a scenario from a horror novel. Late at night, isolated spot, broken down vehicle, distressed woman (loony partner hiding in car with knife) .

People may have had reason not to stop.

Zippy/Cynic

I appreciate what is being said here and the reasons for the 'cycnicism' but would you really be happy that you had made the right choice if you got home to a news report stating that 'insert chosen scenario' had happened to said woman after you had knowingly driven past?

Another wimpy coward. What about if it's the other way round and a passing motorist has malicious intentions. Do you not feel duty bound to ensure that she is safe from that rather than just thinking of any danger to yourself regardless of how unlikely it is.

an individual's safety is paramount

there is no legal or moral demand that an individual place themselves in danger to aid another. this is a key message throughout the training orf emergency services personnel and military personnel as the ultimate answer is always minimise casualties taken.

certain circumstances and situations can change the risk profile for any given scenario, but lone working in an area without comms = Don't go

Exactly and both extremely low. If I thought my life was in danger I wouldn't do it but I don't. I may take some sort of precaution depending on the situation.

Zippy/Cynic

I appreciate what is being said here and the reasons for the 'cycnicism' but would you really be happy that you had made the right choice if you got home to a news report stating that 'insert chosen scenario' had happened to said woman after you had knowingly driven past?

I am sure my family would be happier with that headline than - "Good Samaritan killed helping damsel in distress" - mine does make for a good headline though, I can see it on page 17 of the Star, sorry :hihi: