What music are you listening to?

RPG

• 2 weeks later...

hawkwind - pxr5

i'd moved on from hawkwind at the time this was released ... but came across it recently.

dave brock and his trademark growling guitar, simon philips, simon house, adrian shaw and bob calvert might just have some of his best work on here.

it's difficult to best lyrics such as :

"oh for the wings of any bird, other than a battery hen"

but "high rise" is eminently listenable.

"fly paper stuck with human life"

70's sheffield for the win.

9 hours ago, gettingon said:

hawkwind - pxr5

i'd moved on from hawkwind at the time this was released ... but came across it recently.

dave brock and his trademark growling guitar, simon philips, simon house, adrian shaw and bob calvert might just have some of his best work on here.

I've had this album on vinyl for many years and it was recently released on cd along with other Hawkwind albums of that time. Although it's a compilation album, Roadhawks is probably my favourite.

10 hours ago, gettingon said:

hawkwind - pxr5

Never got in to Hawkwind, but i'm a fan of their new bass player's band.

Doug MacKinnon joined last year and his other band is Cybernetic Witch Cult - a stoner/psychedelic rock/metal band from Cornwall.

On 24/03/2022 at 20:15, gettingon said:

hawkwind - pxr5

dave brock and his trademark growling guitar, simon king, simon house, adrian shaw and bob calvert might just have some of his best work on here.

edited

On 25/03/2022 at 05:35, charliewag said:

I've had this album on vinyl for many years and it was recently released on cd along with other Hawkwind albums of that time. Although it's a compilation album, Roadhawks is probably my favourite.

i've heard a couple other positive comments about that album. (another one i missed). i think it was released one before pxr5. i'll have to give it a listen.

the space ritual hawkwind was the pinnacle for me. i still occasionally give it a spin.