What shops would you like to see in Hillsborough?

A mini- Morrisons, a mini B&Q, a quality sub shop (not subway) a dollar store.

A mini- Morrisons, a mini B&Q, a quality sub shop (not subway) a dollar store.

A dollar store ? Do you mean a "Pound Shop" ?

There is no decent newsagent in Hillsborough - OK, a stall in the precinct has started selling newspapers but NOT quality magazines. There is no music shop anymore in Hillsborough - stopped after Andy's records went - Blockbuster picked this up for a while but only boring chart stuff - there are no decent men's clothes shops in Hillsborough - limited to Burton's with a tad added on by Peacocks as a way of tokenism; there are no decent book shops other than second hand books in the various Charity shops - so - wonder why Hillsborough is dying? Do you all go and buy these things from Morrison's, from Tesco, from Asda etc etc? We need to support our local businesses IF we wish free and fair trade to continue without being tied to the huge mega corps who seem to run our purchasing for us by ensuring that all these local businesses go out of business.!

There is no decent newsagent in Hillsborough - OK, a stall in the precinct has started selling newspapers but NOT quality magazines. There is no music shop anymore in Hillsborough - stopped after Andy's records went - Blockbuster picked this up for a while but only boring chart stuff - there are no decent men's clothes shops in Hillsborough - limited to Burton's with a tad added on by Peacocks as a way of tokenism; there are no decent book shops other than second hand books in the various Charity shops - so - wonder why Hillsborough is dying? Do you all go and buy these things from Morrison's, from Tesco, from Asda etc etc? We need to support our local businesses IF we wish free and fair trade to continue without being tied to the huge mega corps who seem to run our purchasing for us by ensuring that all these local businesses go out of business.!

Decent newsagent at the bottom of Dykes Hall Rd. Perhaps you could support that.

Decent mens shop by the Supertram stop at the bus interchange.

Notice a games shop has just opened and another coffee bar about to open

It is not all doom and gloom.

Edited by bazjea

Why did the Fruit shop by the bus stop close down...when it was in prime position for sales? There have been lots of other closures too, over the last few years.

At a guess I'd say their poor quality, limited range of stock and second rate customer service?

The two shops run by Eve's have good variety of produce, usually in very good nick and have cheery attentive and polite people working behind the till.

another beauty salon is needed as all the women round this area need to cover up their ugliness

another beauty salon is needed as all the women round this area need to cover up their ugliness

I think what you will need is a shop that sells tin helmets and body armour.

a good quality restuarant

I disagree - the two Italians, the tapas and the Chinese restuarants are all good. It's not London Road, but for the size of place it is very well endowed. Not tried either Indian or the third Italian up towards Bamford St so can't comment on those. The more the merrier though of course.

any shop that opens after 4pm.

Agree. It's ridiculous to have a commuter town where everything shuts before the majority of its inhabitants get home. No wonder everyone just goes to the Sheffield/Leeds centres at lunchtime or on their way back first instead.

I disagree - the two Italians, the tapas and the Chinese restuarants are all good. It's not London Road, but for the size of place it is very well endowed. Not tried either Indian or the third Italian up towards Bamford St so can't comment on those. The more the merrier though of course.

Agree. It's ridiculous to have a commuter town where everything shuts before the majority of its inhabitants get home. No wonder everyone just goes to the Sheffield/Leeds centres at lunchtime or on their way back first instead.

I third this! SO fustrating working 9-5 and everything shuts before i get home! I would use the pet shop if it opened later and funks, but i go elsewhere to places that open later. Hillsborough is loosing trade because of this and it's a shame as it's all on my doorstep and it's an inconvenievce having to go to Crosspool etc.