Wedding photographer recommendations

We are getting married in August and I have a similar budget. We booked http://www.capturetheimage.co.uk early last year in order to secure the price before it went up. They are charging £950 (but this depends based on the type of album you want and will have gone up slightly since we booked) and this includes all the copyright to the photos. So we get all pictures on CD and all negatives from any photos taken with the normal camera (apparently this is better for the really large photos). I was quoted between £1300 - £1600 for a similar album without the copyright by most other places over a year ago now.

Plus they normally use 2 photographers on the day instead of just 1 so they can capture both reportage and formal shots easily.

Try googling motionsensitivephotography - can't post the link as I haven't posted enough messages yet (apparently I need 5!) His name is Andrew Townley and he's fantastic!

He's based in Oxford but isn't averse to visiting Sheffield every now and again as he used to live here!! He's doing our wedding photos in 2 weeks time and we already have some of his other photos (non-wedding) on our walls!!!

Highly recommended!!!

Take a look at Tom Barnes website - we're having him for our wedding and hes excited, and highly recommended on the Forum. Really cool young guy who has a real either for modern prints.

Hi Daryl

You still looking for photogrphers details? I know one that is well within your budget and stays with you all day, so you get pictures right the way through the reception and evening bash.

IM me if you'd like more info.

A good website to check for good wedding photographers in South Yorkshire is SWPP (Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers). Put it into Google & it should come up.

Go to the section called 'find a photographer' & you can narrow down your search to within South Yorkshire.

A company I can personally recomend is 'Image Book Weddings'.

Hello -try Karl Southern of Image Exellence. He will do all osrts of packages and will let you have all the photos on disc to do your own thing. Contact him on 07818 427618. imageexcellence.co.uk is his emailHe is also the photographer for Sheffield Sharks basket ball team and then NBA so has a good repetoire of all sorts.

I do balloon decorating and other table decorations if you need any!?!

I can recommend Tracey Beardow of 'Your True Colours' too if you are looking for a mobile makeup artist. 01142962233 or 07843 235151.

I dont do wedding planning but I can help with loads of ideas and contacts.

Call me if I can help.

Regards

Angela

Be Inspired - Fulwood Road. 0114 230 7270

Can I just say .. when booking a photographer its always best if they are Qualified to a professional body .. two of the best ones are BIPP ( British Institute of Professional Photographers ) and MPA ( Master photographers Association )

Both have websites were you can search in your area.. the benefits of using a qualified member is that they have to be fully insured and follow guide lines for Professional conduct. Its peace of mind at the end of the day because you only get one chance to capture your big day. However if theyre not a qualified member of any professional body ALWAYS make sure they are fully insured. :)

I had recently success in finding good photographer for myself on w ww.listphotographers. com/ website. It seems like they have various wedding and other kinds of professional photographers from entire world on this directory.