Wedding photographer recommendations

I know hiring a photographer can sometimes be stressful, and there are concerns about prices, reliability, skill and of course, the more legal side of hiring a photographer such as royalties and the like. I just thought I could offer some friendly advice, or maybe answer some questions regarding these! I part-own a small photography company in sheffield, but I promise to try to not sell my own product, and answer any questions as objectively as i can!

be nice for me to find out what the biggest worries are, and just have a chat!

any comments welcome! ta

Hi,

I think my biggest cinfusion at the moment is around advertised packages.

I know what I want from my photographer, but I am loath to start phoning around because so many seem to have packages which don't cover everything I want, whilst offering things I have no need for. It is never clear how much the price could change for not having one of these set packages.

It is also confusing as to why there is such a wide range in packages offered.

Hi, I've just booked Barrie Codling for my wedding next year. The books he creates are beautiful and he will give you a CD of the pictures for an extra £30. The price isn't the cheapest but it depends what kind of book you decide on, I really wanted a photobook as opposed to an album which is slightly more! Good luck on finding one!

We are using Matt from Magnolia Photography - his stuff looks really good and very reasonably priced. Seems a nice decent guy too which helps! :)

:help:Were getting married in May 2011 and we need a reasonably cheap photographer were on a budget and havent got lots of cash could anyone recommend a good cheap photographer were only wanting the cd so we can print our own photos not wanting to pay for all the albums and print etc ?

I am a start up photographer, i have done 3 weddings so far and they have all been happy with the results. PM me if you would like some examples sending through.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Joe

Hello

I am also a new photographer and have taken pictures for friends' weddngs that I can show you. I can offer a good price and can cater for all parts of the day depending on the locations and timings. Feel free to contact me for more information. :)

Thanks

Claire

:help:Were getting married in May 2011 and we need a reasonably cheap photographer were on a budget and havent got lots of cash could anyone recommend a good cheap photographer were only wanting the cd so we can print our own photos not wanting to pay for all the albums and print etc ?

Have sent you a PM