Wedding hair and makeup

Hi.

Im getting married in jamaica in 3 months.

I want my hair a bit up with the rest down and curly (sort of like with GHDs or something)

Trouble is I cant really find a picture. And im worrying that whoever the hairdresser is that she wont be able to do it me (and i dont fancy dreadlocks :hihi:)

Should i get someone to do my hair here? buy the clips and everything and then take a picture? oh i dont know........im proper panicking :(

yes, get it done here first...

then you wont be panicking,

I am doing exactly that this weekend, as am having my hair done by a little hairdressers who usually does blue rinses, so thought it would be wise to get a practice run first.

REMEMBER to ask lots of questions and write down the techniques that they used and take pictures of each stage as well.

good luck and then post the result here!!

I just got married in Antigua and my daughters and I were worried about the same thing in the end we all just ended up with our hair left down and fairly natural as it was quite windy (we married in a white gazebo overlooking the sea) Even when we had some photo's taken on the beach it still looked great to have our hair naturally blowing. I'm not sure what location you're getting married but do think about the wind from the sea if you do. :)

Hi

My 8 year old daughter has decided that she wants flowers/fancy combs or something like in her hair for a wedding next week. She is not a bridesmaid, so nothing to extravagant.

She has quite long hair, and would like it took up with said tranquilment! Can anyone suggest a Hairdresser preferably in S6, or near, who could do this?

Thanks in advance

Jayne

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why not try different things on yourself

a couple of weeks before.

no one knows your face as much as you

and you know what suits you best.

dont use alot of makeup

start with a consealer..(like a undercoat.lol)

before your powder/cream

keep it light and simple i'd say.!

theres also alot of new lipstick out now that suppose to last all day.

chez

My personal advice is to speak with the MUA first and see what they can offer for you. Ask for a trial - without committing yourself to them for the big day.

Ask to see photo's of work they have already done.

A good MUA will have a list of questions for you too - to find out what you are after on the day and should be able to do what you ask for. If you dont know what you want you should get a few suggestions from the MUA and I always offer a few trials to get it right.

If you need any more advice please feel free to PM me

• 4 weeks later...

I spoke to my usual hairdressers this morning about wedding hair, and she said she's willing to do it, providing the boss will allow her to leave the salon so she can come to my home :) . Does anyone know any good websites for hair designs cos I'm not 100% sure what I want and have to go in for a trial. The only ones I found feature quite frankly scary looking models with 'perfect' cardboard hair lol, and the designs tend to be a bit elaborate.