Why can't parents take control of their children?

:) I can not agree with you more ,but if your like me i'am 5"3 and my son is over 6 foot ,believe me i have had to bring all my netball skills in as a goal shotter to jump and get the write place :hihi: :hihi:

PMSL.......ditto hun............plus I have a vicious tongue that I regularly use if need be. :hihi:

PMSL.......ditto hun............plus I have a vicious tongue that I regularly use if need be. :hihi:

see we are all alike i'am going now so goodnite one and all :love:

see we are all alike i'am going now so goodnite one and all :love:

Night vm :wave:

The low life kids exist because of the low life parents that brought them into the world. Some people should not be allowed to reproduce, simple.

Sheffield Council have ruined the estates by letting problem familys live all over, stick em all on one purpose built estate, put plenty of barbed wire around it and keep them away from the decent folks.

There are posters who ALWAYS take it personally when you even mention responsible parenting. The way reasonable talk about anti-social crime actually prompts the inverted snobbery, hatred, bigotry, aggression and defensiveness, does sort of prove the point. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I have to agree with you purdyamos. I read this thread last night, but got so fed up with the responses from some posters, that I waited til this morning to respond.

If there are lots of complaints about youth behaviour, vandalism, graffiti in a specific area, its usually because its happening there. If its happening there, its usually down to people who live there, and if its kids, its usually down to their parents not being in control. Every time someone complains about something bad in the Gleadless area there are these negative responses from the same few forummers. Rather than just say 'why blame us', or 'you're always getting at us', perhaps the people who get defensive should do something positive to improve things where they live.

A shining example of community involvement was the Middlewood Winners festival yesterday. That's an estate that is always being run down, and has had a poor reputation and its share of problems. A group of concerned and responsible parents have taken a positive stance to try and work with people on the estate to improve the quality of life for everyone - and it appears to be working.

The unruly kids syndrome happens everywhere. I pointed out on another thread that at 2am this morning as we went shopping to Tesco (I know, don't ask) there was a gang of kids on the shops at Southey Green sat on the kerbside drinking. Even driving along Southey Green Road there were kids still out mucking about.

bet them kids at southey were from gleadless on the rob:hihi:

i think what he / she means is simple discipline. it all went wrong when the government officially said you are not allowed to smack children. a good beaten never did me any wrong from my parents. its logically quite simple. kids today compared with kids 20 / 30 years ago are more likely to go off the rails a lot easier. also before i get loads of you talking nspcc crap, i know the difference between between a smack on the wrists and abuse. another thing a sick way of looking at it, i would rather do 5 years prison myself for beating discipline into my kid than my kid doing 10 years for armed robbery. ..

bet them kids at southey were from gleadless on the rob:hihi:

tell us when to laugh:o

people on here should watch what they are sayin as the kids parents could be reading this and wont be too happy:)

Yeah, is that why you are so unhappy reading this thread? If so, you should get your kids to clean up after themselves! ;)

Seriously though, how can you defend these criminal vandals? Some of us who live on Gleadless have to suffer because of their anti-social behaviour.

also you can be best parent on earth but once they out of your sight wat then:)

Simple. If you can't trust your children to behave, then don't let them roam the streets. :rolleyes:

(Translation: If u kant trust ur kidz to Bhav den dont let dem rom da streetz. Innit.)

Simple. If you can't trust your children to behave, then don't let them roam the streets. :rolleyes:

(Translation: If u kant trust ur kidz to Bhav den dont let dem rom da streetz. Innit.)

:wow: arn't ya a clever person ya can write in text too.:clap: :clap:

Why do people write like that. We are not all from the streets. Also i tend to keep the streets to the streets and not bring the streets to mainstream public as I was educated at a English GCSE (B) standard.

By the way i am from Pitsmoor and very black.