Why can't parents take control of their children?

snippy - Is it the area? Theres no trouble of any kind here, but when I lived on Wordsworth there was always trouble with kids, every night and all day.

By area, do you mean Gleadless or Sheffield generally? I think you only have to consider this thread and the responses and the other responses that certain people have posted on other similar topics elsewhere to see where the problem lies. Not only in Gleadless Valley but everywhere else that the mindset reigns supreme. If the adults think like this, what chance do the children have of becoming socially responsible?

I used to drive over into Cheshire often and I was always impressed by the cleanliness of the small towns en route. You don't realise how depressing certain areas of Sheffield are until you go to places where people have some idea of how to be considerate of others and value and care for the place where they live.

A slap would do em good.

Yeahhhhh

If only!........It never hurt us when we were kids and we certainly knew right from wrong.

There is no punishment, they get a slap on the wrist if caught and get told to go away and basically given the ok to misbehave again.

at it again jabber over slapin n they probably already ad one:thumbsup:

I cant stop babbling on about slapping!

I think I need a slap or something!

A slap would do em good.

Yeahhhhh

tie them up burn their hands so cant tag again.then tag their faces with non removable paint then start on the parents vandalise their house car and everything they own wouldnt that be better

By area, do you mean Gleadless or Sheffield generally? I think you only have to consider this thread and the responses and the other responses that certain people have posted on other similar topics elsewhere to see where the problem lies. Not only in Gleadless Valley but everywhere else that the mindset reigns supreme. If the adults think like this, what chance do the children have of becoming socially responsible?

I used to drive over into Cheshire often and I was always impressed by the cleanliness of the small towns en route. You don't realise how depressing certain areas of Sheffield are until you go to places where people have some idea of how to be considerate of others and value and care for the place where they live.

I meant big cities, Leicester is the same as Sheffield, theres kid probs there even though they have more resources to hand than the kids do here in the wilds.

We have as many kids here and bugger all for them to do, yet theyre nice polite kids.

tie them up burn their hands so cant tag again.then tag their faces with non removable paint then start on the parents vandalise their house car and everything they own wouldnt that be better

I think Im falling in love with you.

Marry me you minx!

oops forgot that is a joke by the way ! i think slapping encourages violence

I'm sure the parents wouldn't mind taking control if that happened, spot on with the idea. :thumbsup:

Let's not get too far away from the OP - it WAS about taggers on Gleadless Valley. And we seem to have had some responses from people who apparently have inside knowledge of taggers in the area.

The fact that other cities also have problems with lowlife youths doesn't take away the fact that this is the SHEFFIELD forum, and that there are kids in SHEFFIELD who are tagging, and that apparently people on this thread know who they are.

Stop defending your kids - or your own actions - by saying that hey, it happens in other cities too! Just bleedin' get a grip of your own, and sort them out. :rant:

Let's not get too far away from the OP - it WAS about taggers on Gleadless Valley. And we seem to have had some responses from people who apparently have inside knowledge of taggers in the area.

The fact that other cities also have problems with lowlife youths doesn't take away the fact that this is the SHEFFIELD forum, and that there are kids in SHEFFIELD who are tagging, and that apparently people on this thread know who they are.

Stop defending your kids - or your own actions - by saying that hey, it happens in other cities too! Just bleedin' get a grip of your own, and sort them out. :rant:

Who knows em cos I certainly don't?

Who knows em cos I certainly don't?

Nor I. It just seemed to me that there were some posts on this thread that indicated that there was something personal being taken by the complaints about the taggers.....................

So.........is there anyone who knows anything about the taggers who have been tagging on Blackstock Road?

Nor I. It just seemed to me that there were some posts on this thread that indicated that there was something personal being taken by the complaints about the taggers.....................

QUOTE]

There are posters who ALWAYS take it personally when you even mention responsible parenting. The way reasonable talk about anti-social crime actually prompts the inverted snobbery, hatred, bigotry, aggression and defensiveness, does sort of prove the point. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.