Why can't parents take control of their children?

Having read this epic thread from start to finish I have decided to add my 2 penneth!

1. There have always been troublesome kids, always throughout time.

2 There have always been grumpy people who complain about kids.

3. There have always been kids who don't exactly have the best start in life.

4. There is always someone who is going to blame the parents.

What about taking a positive approach? If there are kids up to no good then find something for them to do that is positive, kids can achieve all sorts if they are given the right support, maybe a council run project to create an adventure playground, or youth club. The summer holidays can be hell for kids if they have nothing to do.

Could the members of this forum pressure the right folks to make it happen?

I do know that if kids are treated like dirt, they will give it back double, if they are given respect, they will respect. Adults cannot expect kids to behave any differently from them, so if the tagging is a problem for you see what you can do to show the kids a different way instead of just slinging mud!

Thereby relieving the parents of the responsibility? And expecting the council tax payer to foot the bill to boot?

Better idea.

Why not clamp down on the adults with parental responsibility for the behaviour of these kids? Why not say, "Hey, you! YOU are about to get a bill for the damage done by YOUR kids!"

DRUGS=were did they start from?

wrong answer?

Quote:

CHILDREN BEING ABUSE by people?

Yes - and the vast majority of abuse happens IN THE HOME by family and trusted familiars.

not all the time ,alot of it is by people who work in homes ,schools,doctors, owe are they not people of society

the list can go on and on and on

get the picture i'am trying to put across

Probably because the parents of these kids have a hard enought time feeding and clothing them, I don't suspect fining them would work.

Oh and if you were to then throw them in prison for non payment of fine, the government would have an even bigger bill to pay!:rolleyes:

What about taking a positive approach? kids can achieve all sorts if they are given the right support. Could the members of this forum pressure the right folks to make it happen?

The parents of these antisocial youths could make a start giving them some support and making sure they aren't bored. I know of a youth club that needed people to sit on the committee, like governors or overseers, can't remember what they actually call them. You'd think some of the parents would be pleased to give up a little of their time as it's to the benefit of their children, wouldn't you? As I've been given to understand ... not one single parent has volunteered.

I'm not sure why minime, orginal and valley mob are quite so stressed about this subject. As they're quite certain it's not their children that are causing the mess, I would have thought they'd have been just as indignant about it as anyone else.

I just find it strange that anyone who says their kids are well behaved and properly looked after would strongly defend what is basically anti social behaviour. Having worked for quite a long time in housing, in my experience low level crime and anti social behaviour are what tenants complain about most - and most of the perpetrators are perceived to be young people. The majority of people don't bother their neighbours, they look after their homes as best they can, and they do their best to bring up their children to be responsible adults.

So why should the majority have to put up with vandalism, noise, graffiti etc just cos the minority think its acceptable behaviour? Parenting does take some effort and some commitment, its not easy - but when people decide to have children, it is their responsibility to look after them properly. This doesn't just mean food and clothing, it means teaching them manners, encouraging aspirations, and generally providing good role models for behaviour.

not all the time ,alot of it is by people who work in homes ,schools,doctors, owe are they not people of society

the list can go on and on and on

get the picture i'am trying to put across

A very, very minute percentage of people in a society does not constitute society in general.

Society in general is overwhelmingly decent, law abiding, caring, and responsible. The few percent who aren't don't reflect society as it is. They are, in effect, not complying with society's norms .... by choice.

Having read this epic thread from start to finish I have decided to add my 2 penneth!

1. There have always been troublesome kids, always throughout time.

2 There have always been grumpy people who complain about kids.

3. There have always been kids who don't exactly have the best start in life.

4. There is always someone who is going to blame the parents.

What about taking a positive approach? If there are kids up to no good then find something for them to do that is positive, kids can achieve all sorts if they are given the right support, maybe a council run project to create an adventure playground, or youth club. The summer holidays can be hell for kids if they have nothing to do.

Could the members of this forum pressure the right folks to make it happen?

I do know that if kids are treated like dirt, they will give it back double, if they are given respect, they will respect. Adults cannot expect kids to behave any differently from them, so if the tagging is a problem for you see what you can do to show the kids a different way instead of just slinging mud!

:D thank the lord someone who understands kids and people ,it's so nice to hear from a real person that is non-judgemental

THANK YOU NICE TO READ YOUR THREAD:thumbsup:

Trying to claim that society makes children turn bad is an attempt to claim that you haven't brought up your child.

It's your child, you are there parent. You are responsible for their upbringing, not society, not the government and not the school system.

You teach them right from wrong, you enforce the rules, and if they start screwing up, you should suffer the consequences.

Maybe parents being fined for criminal damage committed by their offspring or having their child benefits removed until the fine is paid, maybe that would focus their attention a little bit.

There's a big difference between troublesom kids, playing knock and run or kicking a football on a street and little hooligans illegaly riding motorbikes and vandalising public property.

Why should anyone take the time to reward them, there's plenty of kids who are bored and haven't been spray painting public property who could be rewarded with schemes instead.

:D thank the lord someone who understands kids and people ,it's so nice to hear from a real person that is non-judgemental

THANK YOU NICE TO READ YOUR THREAD:thumbsup:

The only people who should be heeding the advice given are the useless parents that brought those mini vandals into the world.

Everyone else shouldn't need to take responsibility for stopping their criminal behaviour.

Probably because the parents of these kids have a hard enought time feeding and clothing them, I don't suspect fining them would work.

But making them get out in the streets and clean up the mess left by their kids might go some way to making them see the errors of their ways.

Don't quite understand what circumstances would make it difficult to feed and clothe kids with today's benefit system.:confused:

SAXON51 do you go mad about everything else tax payer pay for,

cos about time they put more money in to kids, should i say what little they do ,cos they like giving it to other things and people which i will not go in to

It's cool Valley;) I am one of those "little scrotes", or at least I was 30 years ago! I was the sort of child I would not like to have to look after!

I was in a gang doing all sort of things kids do in gangs, getting into trouble and causing havock.

I was lucky enough to have found a way out that's all.

I trained as a nurse, moved out of the area, moved on, but I will never forget those I left behind, and their kids!