What school did you go to and when?

Wincobank infants for me on Newman Road and then on to Concord Middle School, which was next door to Shiregreen school. Are the buildings still there? Any pix anyone?

I would have gone on to Hinde House, but we left Sheffield for the coast, in '73.

If anyone knows these....shout up.:wave:

68 - 71 Blossomfield Infants, Solihull

71 - 74 Shirley Heath Juniors, Solihull

74 - 79 Tudor Grange Comprehensive, Solihull

79 - 81 Solihull Technical College.

......................errrmmmmm, thought not

• 2 weeks later...

My first school was Castle Hills near Doncaster (1967 to 1968). I used to get battered by a big girl (6 y.o.) there! She was rough! Escaped to Kiveton Park Infants (Dec 1968 to 1970);the schools on both sides of Station Road. I remember the whole school turning-out to watch the Queen's train pass through Kiveton Bridge Station and watching the Fire Brigade hosing down the front of the "new" school in an exercise. Then to Kiveton Park Meadows Juniors (1970 to Feb 1973). We kids coundn't say all that and called it "Meadow Park". Christmas 1970: I built a nativity scene in the middle of the clock-room floor. The whole class had to walk around it until it was photographed. I think the photo was published in "The Star". 1971: I went head-over-heels in the playground and got concussion. One of my classmates at the time, John Turner, lives just down the road from here, in East Grinstead!

1972; plague of caterpillars on the playing field. My coat peg number in Sept 1970 was 15. In Sept 1971, in a different classroom, by coincidence, it was also 15. That made an impression on me at the time and now one of my Lottery numbers is always 15. My teachers then were Mrs Doncaster, Mrs Ward and Mrs Sharpe. In Feb 1973 my family moved to Burncross and I spent the last term and a half at Windmill Hill Juniors. The standard of education at the new school (Mrs Taylor's class) was in a different league and I found myself out-of-my depth until we moved-up to secondary school at Ecclesfield Comprehensive (1973 to 1978).....

At Ecclesfield Forms: 1R, 2R and 3R (Mrs Bloomfield) and 4C4 and 5C4 (Mr O'Neill). Anybody match these schools and years? Kevin Taylor. PS. I don't know why a smilie face appears where the 8's are in this text!

Archived