What school did you go to and when?

Guest poppins
Originally posted by hazel

After urmmmmmmmm ..... 57 yrs they still wear bottle green.

hazel :gag:

Hazel, did you wear bottle green gym knickers too ? we did.

Hi Faerie

I started there in 47 and Sister Marie Piiere was head to be replaced by Sister Monica. I remember one or two Sister Marys. no Sister Gerard

The school was run entirely by the Notre Dane Nuns as you say, and they were quite strict. Over the entrance was written Notre dame High School for young ladies and I remember the nuns pointing it out to us scholarship girls. We were taught up in the attics, what I would think had been the serrvants quarters in days gone by.

Was the the big room still called La Salle where we did music and wet weather dancing. And did you have Miss Jowett for music. Still threw chalk and the blackboard rubber did she.

Hi Poppins

Yes we wore bottle green knickers and mine had a posket in. but over them we wore, for gym, pale green dresses so we didn't expose to much. we were the only school to play our netball fixtures in dresses. No wonder I'm so modest now.

hazel

Guest poppins

Hazel

i was the captain of the netball team at St patricks, got my name engraved on the big school silver cup, wish i still had that photo of the team.

Hi Hazel

yes I remember Miss Jowett and yes the salle was still as you remember it when I went there!

yes they were strict and Sister Monica was head when I went. The chalk throwing continued but the teaching in the attics had stopped and they were store-rooms again.

Agamus!

Faerie

x

:confused:

Hi kenjenkinson

how weird about the E-mail - was it to do with an historical society? and questions about Low Common, Renishaw?

If so any help would be super as I need to do a cleansing there!

Will be in general chat room at 10pm tomorrow (Wed 8th) if you care to talk.

love and peace

Faerie

x

Archived