What school did you go to and when?

Originally posted by BoroughGal

I was at Hillsborough at the same time as you (albeit 3 years younger)

My brother is 2 and half years younger than me so maybe you knew him.

Originally posted by timo

Hinde House School 73-78. Now, as a mature, married man who lectures in Higher Ed, I look back on those days and smile at the memories of long-lost schoolfriends. Unfortunately, I also remember [with few exceptions] the appallingly poor "teachers" foisted upon us. I remember the fat, inadequate little Art teacher who told me that he, "couldn't ****ing care less" if I failed my O levels. I remember too, huge classes in which conditions of near-riot prevailed. I remember the gormless, female science teacher who, when I sat opposite her with my parents on Open Day, admitted that she didn't know who I was. The school motto said it all really ; "Integrity, Endeavour". Be honest, and try... how unutterably pathetic!

did you know any of the Leightons Timo. I married one of them for my sins

I can't remember much here, except a blond-haired lad about my age. I think he was Graham or Graeme Leighton. I never knew him very well, but think he was in the Sixth form around 77/78.

Archived