What school did you go to and when?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I went to Longley Primary when Miss Patterson was the headteacher. Other teachers I remember were Mr Mason, Mr Shorton, Miss Marriot who loved dishing out the slipper! My friends there were Leslie Tipper, Rosamund Noble, and Anne Wilkinson. I also remember Terence Bacon and Terence Milner who I had a soft spot for as the teachers were always getting at him for things that were not his fault. I remember once bursting into tears when he was being caned for taking a few wax crayons home with him, bless him!:( I left there in 1960 when my father died and I was adopted. I then went to Penistone Grammar School, Manchester Uni and much later Nottingham Trent Uni.

I still love Sheffield and have wonderful memories of the Whit Walk, Millhouses Park and Longley Park. Great times and happy days:clap: I am now 55 years old and would love to return to look round Longley School.:D

Kathy

Let Nowt Bother thee nowt nor nobdy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived